Note to New Members ×

Whatever happened to??

AaronG

Seeing Utahcarvers post about Randy Salzman contributing to the forum again got me thinking about all the previous posters that used to be frequent visitors here. I'm not talking about CMC or PSR, we all know what happened there if you are a long time member.

One of the guys that comes to mind is the one who lived back east who had a BBQ joint somewhere. I always enjoyed his posts and also his avatars. Cany anyone help me out with the screenname of this guy??

Who do you remember who no longer appears here??

Vin Quinville (please forgive me if I'm butchering his name), I'm unsure if he posted here but, apparently, this guy is legendary on the Ice Coast for being able to rail on softies. I think that the Snowsticks.com used to have an mpg of him riding at Stratton with PSR and CMC.

PSR = PreSchool Rider (Eric B) Helped me get through the learning curve in the early part of my carving career. Usually hangs out on freecarve.com. Nice guy who kept getting a lot of poop from riders here and eventually left or is lurking. PSIA Level 3 Instructor at Stratton? Has credentials.

CMC = Carve Master Curt (Curt D.) Apparently managed to offend enough people here but is well respected on hill. Would love to ride with him just to be schooled in carving. Hangs out on catek.com.

Chris Klug: I remember seeing some of his posts on the old forum.

CF: Chris Fox, Coloradoan who drinks Jameson Scotch and uses a keyboard instead of a car to terrorize a community. Funny thing was that he had some great points about the seemingly one-sidedness of carving just to carve 'for the art of it' mentality. But, he always came across as someone with a chip on his shoulder. His way or the wrong way. I always thought he had more to offer BOL and found it hard to communicate it to us.

Mark

Hagen,

Yep, it's an Irish whiskey. Sorry 'bout that. I noticed the other day that Jameson has a 12 year old whiskey available now (at least in Utah). The big mover here is vodka in 1500ml. The parking lot is full at door opening (10:00am MST) and the vodka shelves have to be restocked at 10:15am MST. Rothschild and Kamchatka vodkas are the movers. At 11:00am MST we go pick up the brown paper bags in the parking lot that the vodkas went in to. Sometimes we find the plastic caps to the 750ml bottles of vodka from the customers who 'chug' one before they go to work.

I'm not kidding. It's very sad to see human suffering and depravity at this level.

Mark

Sorry for the thread hijacking. Now, back to our show....

One of the guys that comes to mind is the one who lived back east who had a BBQ joint somewhere.

BBQ Chef His name is Geoff. Fun guy to ride with. Along that same line is the chef that got busted up in a car accident. He was a Stratton regular. What the heck was his name?

had some craazy posts, but he is a great example of what happens, people come off so differently for a multitude of reasons

when you Meet Curt he is a chill cat fo' sho', PSR is a stand up guy too, I hate that he is gone from here.

Curt spends his summers down the road from me sadly I didn't realize this until slalom season was all but over I could have used some education.

OFF Topic but I was in Heathrow on a layover last week and got a Scotch education from the sales guy...tasted about 6 lowland 5 highland and at least 5 each of speyside and islay...I confimed that my taste lies with lowland and speyside singlemalts sadly I couldn't buy any as I was crossing too many customs authorities before I get home

certain islays are good but my true favorite is for good drinking without getting too crazy is the balvenie double wood, their portwood is amazing though

imagine a liquor store with only scotch (at least 100 different brands/types)....I was in heaven :ices_ange ...and then hell when I couldn't buy any :( :angryfire :(

PSR is the Man no doubt. I miss him. Had many great days with him at Stratton.

CMC is a blast to ride with, to bad he suffers from that internet affliction that has yet to be named.

Yeah where the hell is Randy :confused: He helped me out of a couple jams, major stand up guy.

Vinny Q is a total Freak :freak3: The dude is about 5.4 and lays down a 200 Tanker in soft boots better than 95% of the hard booters here. I just about sh!t the first time I saw him from the lift back in 2000. Super nice guy.

PSR would write fantastic stuff, but then get crap from people. He definitely has both the carving ability and the ability to express himself, making him an excellent instructor.

CMC is a totally different person in the real world vs. on-line. I still don't understand the conflict that evolved. We're too small of a community to bicker about stupid stuff.

Good to see a post from YYZ Canuck! I've been too busy to check in to BOL, but now I'm lurking about looking to sell a board and get some info on riding pow. (planning a utah trip and want to get the most out of it.)

Chris Fox was fun to read. He even wrote in his own pauses to drink more Jameson's.

Maciek was also amusing, and seeing other people react to him was amusing.

What ever happened to Johann and some of the whiteface crew (seth and mike)? He has a great sense of humor, so he came up with some good posts, too.

Happy New Year to you all. Hope to see you on the slopes.

MT

I actually miss CF. He was just like the drunk, verbally abusive nutbag uncle I never had...

Remember his posts back in the day? Like 5 pages of lunatic ranting and raving. Too funny! ( This board does tend to get a bit stuffy nowadays)

where are they now ? :rolleyes: dead or in jail. :eek:

I looked up CF and found this classic thread Madd 170 vs Swoard?all the old "usual suspects" weighing in.

Gilmour: Creater of the Madd line, Lots of days on edge- aloud to talk smack!

CMC: Always Pimping Madd, rides alot- Suits his Style.

Macek: Always making folks Mad- Big Mountain Jersey Rider keeping it real on the weekends(and when he can get time of work).

Me- I'm Just a cat who likes to ride....

Salz is still around....mostly lurking in the shadows >>> ;)

I looked up CF and found this classic thread Madd 170 vs Swoard?all the old "usual suspects" weighing in.

Take back Bomber? Looks like the old saying "the more things change the more they stay the same". You can say what you will on the 'net - but doing it on the hill is another thing all together. There is a reason TV shows like Jerry Springer are popular...

Yeah where the hell is Randy :confused: He helped me out of a couple jams, major stand up guy.

Yeah, he is a super nice guy; I rode with him this past Thursday. Once time he saved my 4 week vacation by lending me spare intec heels when my cable broke. Don't worry - he's still here and contributing to the hardboot stoke; you just might not recognize his online profile name anymore.

Yeah, he is a super nice guy; I rode with him this past Thursday. Once time he saved my 4 week vacation by lending me spare intec heels when my cable broke. Don't worry - he's still here and contributing to the hardboot stoke; you just might not recognize his online profile name anymore.

Was he riding the BIG stick ?

post-123-141842223738_thumb.jpg

When I spent a couple days in Tahoe a couple years ago, Randy invited me to contact him. Since then I've heard people complain that Northstar is flat and all I can say is you just need to ride with some good locals guides. :)

What happened to Jimbo? He posted here a couple years ago and then got into a pretty bad accident. Anyone know if he recovered well enough to ride again?

Folks,

Most of us are different in person than online. Now only few of us realized that. I bet that even our moderator Jack M. does not realize that fully... or perhaps one does not care. But let's leave that aside.

I have been good friends with CMC and PSR. Those are good folks. However things and outbursts happen. That does not change fact that all folks I had chance to meet on slopes were great people.

I believe that most of us (including myself) drifted away from BOL for number of reasons. Some do not feel fit for the forum and some have been told that they are not fit (no kidding, really). Some even were stripped of membership and some did not like atmosphere and yet others changed hobby.

Change is part of life. BOL evolved and new generations come here so, it is time to leave for others. Besides there are others who serve with good advice... some of them are very knowledgeable and there is bunch of good articles here.

So have fun and anjoy BOL. If you want to meet old folks then seek and shoot some post here and there. You will find out where others are like I did. Some of them may not even like to say where they are, but most likely they would enjoy old company when riding on slopes.

• 1 year later...

Seriously, what happened to Bob Jenney? He is no longer listed in the members list, all of his very informative posts are gone (some of the great TD2 exploded diagrams would have been good to keep), no longer a link from Bomber to his site. Did something bad go down?

:confused: