Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

seriosly enzo, nautilus is for the ping pong team. dont go gettin soft on us. true grit or go home!

btw, its 5:34pm just got back from the pro cut fishing tournament. cracked open the first bud diet @ 6:43am. i did this :barf: twice. but rallied both times. like a pro should!

wiffy is not happy. if you need me ill be in the dog house.l

gotta start somewhere. the hip is still a tad unstable so no squats yet. the machines have me at a Bay State League 3rd liner status. I still have 4 months of intense training to be a starter. I must defend the Gauntlet!! keep drinking those bud diets, by december i'll be carrying your ass. :flamethro

TG TdB!!!

hey guy,

you can start saturday at my house, i need a good shovel guy! ill be heading up to exit 32 tonight. i'd stop by the house but i'll be in tow. ill be up all weekend, bud diet pounders on the deck fri/sat? when im done i think im going to take da machine ova to da mtn and flatten the halp pipe. i figure if i ruin that pile of earth we will have less huckers crashing into us on the mtn!

ill call you when i get to da hood!!!!!!!

dth tdab

gotta start somewhere. the hip is still a tad unstable so no squats yet. the machines have me at a Bay State League 3rd liner status. I still have 4 months of intense training to be a starter. I must defend the Gauntlet!! keep drinking those bud diets, by december i'll be carrying your ass. :flamethro

TG TdB!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up more pre-season points on Hero's Highway!! The wif and I hiked all the way to the top of the gondi with the pooch today. Not much going on for construction....just a couple guys sitting around on the union time clock. From Upper Bear Claw it looked like a couple of the concrete footings have been poured for the lift towers that'll connect to the South Mt.

The hip is feeling great hiking. I'm pretty much 100% except for no high impact stuff yet. We hiked Mt Tecumseh (Waterville) today. The hiking trail snakes through the woods on the northside of the ski trails. It was gnarly... literally straight up & steep for more than half of the 2.2 miles to the summit. :barf:

Had lunch on the way down at Schwendi Hut...great views off the deck!!!

GlennC--have fun in Chile!! That's a great summer vacation!! :biggthump

I thought I would send out a post to all of the team 28 and 32 riders. I am sitting at Logan waiting for my flight to Chile for a 10 day snowboard trip. I have my two kids with me and we are heading down to meet Anton and Phil Fell. Talk to you all later.

Glenn

glenn, post up some pics when you get a chance. that kind of trip deserves a rub-in!!

enzo,

ill be up tommorow night. couple of diet coldies at exit 32? call me ill be in town mid-afternoon. i might swing by.

Swing by up into Twin while you're up this way! Need...visitors...come see us! I'll actually be down in Lincoln this tuesday cashing some paychecks, look for the big grey Rubicon.

enzo,

ill be up tommorow night. couple of diet coldies at exit 32? call me ill be in town mid-afternoon. i might swing by.

i have to return to work tomorrow so I'll definitely need a drink. :freak3:

we can shoot up to exit 32 around 6ish.

"team doctor! im the team doctor! i been the team doctor fur 40 years!!

"see da ting is you go t da b, den ya get yur beer fur free"!

"then ya drop da hip on some ice then you'll be ready"

D T H

Team doctor suggested that you hit the North Slide on Tripyramid. I nearly popped a lung on that trail back in June. If your hip can do that, you chould be tearing up hero's highway in december!

btw, were did you get that blue coiler from? i looks like one of mine that i sold a while back. is it a 181 prc?

grey jeep rubicon! you ever take it to any off-road parks? those are pretty slick i almost got one for my wife, still a pretty ruff ride on those windy winter nights, she passed. :argue: but i still have the itch every once in a while. i had a jeep cherokee that i drove from the dealership to my companies maintenance yard one night with 11 miles on it. pretty much chopped the suspension off and put on a stage 3 skyjacker softride 4" lift. then it was all down hill from there. couple trips too paragon park in penn and i trip to rubicon in utah. all done

Swing by up into Twin while you're up this way! Need...visitors...come see us! I'll actually be down in Lincoln this tuesday cashing some paychecks, look for the big grey Rubicon.

Team doctor suggested that you hit the North Slide on Tripyramid. I nearly popped a lung on that trail back in June. If your hip can do that, you chould be tearing up hero's highway in december!

i've heard that the Tripyramid hike is brutal. is it a 3-4 mile trek into the trail off Livermore? Total time for a roundtrip? that would be a good one to work off my hot dog gut eh?

"team doctor! im the team doctor! i been the team doctor fur 40 years!!

"see da ting is you go t da b, den ya get yur beer fur free"!

"then ya drop da hip on some ice then you'll be ready"

D T H

good times!!

all the kmac talk got me amped to dropdahip when I got home. this am i felt like i head-butted the flume. :smashfrea

send the team doc back up.

The North Slide is probably the toughest on-trail scramble in the Whites. Lots of rock slabs and steep for a good distance. The good thing is that the rest of the hike is easy and the south slide has reasonable footing on the way down. I'm a bit of a speedhiker, so the 11 miles (up north and down south slide and in and out on livermore) took me around 5 hours to complete. I think it would have been easier if it hadn't rained while we were on the north slide. The good book suggests that you stay off that trail when it is wet. I would definitely not want to be on it in a downpour. The slide must turn into a cascade near the bottom.

Here is the view to Bondcliff and Loon from Mt. Bond. I couldn't see the John Deere Manse or the tree that bit you :) .

picture029wy5.jpg

i can see the swedish burt reynolds diggin bounds. hes on cross cut with a coors light fleece on. hes going t da b! dth f>kka! :AR15firin

The North Slide is probably the toughest on-trail scramble in the Whites. Lots of rock slabs and steep for a good distance. The good thing is that the rest of the hike is easy and the south slide has reasonable footing on the way down. I'm a bit of a speedhiker, so the 11 miles (up north and down south slide and in and out on livermore) took me around 5 hours to complete. I think it would have been easier if it hadn't rained while we were on the north slide. The good book suggests that you stay off that trail when it is wet. I would definitely not want to be on it in a downpour. The slide must turn into a cascade near the bottom.

Here is the view to Bondcliff and Loon from Mt. Bond. I couldn't see the John Deere Manse or the tree that bit you :) .

picture029wy5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

enzo, hows the rehab coming fella? what days do you go to the hole? btw the guy that took those photos is my pick for the pre-season paul bunyan room true-grit rider of the year. i guess hes been doing those power hikes every weekend! i better pick it up so i can still get entertained on the chairlift by him. if hes lapping me ill be talking to myself all winter. tdab

i think i can see jd's beer gut in that pic bouncing down FLume.

speed hiker eh? do you climb in a GS suit to shave off tenths?