Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

We just bought our plane tix for JH. I strap on the chaps and saddle up from 2/23-3/1. I'm shooting for a Jan 2008 return for Comeback Playah of the Year. If not, I'll just hang at Camp 3 and flick butts & pbr pounda cans at you guys.

Were you in Beantown this weekend? I pahked next to a big Dodge Cummins in the Pru garage Friday night and thought maybe it was you. Saw Gisele on Newbury St. Saturday night...she's hot!!!!

Enzo, You'll be back just in time for the team picnic at Stowe!

Anotha powa hike this weekend. The rain's gonna get the better of me. My boots seem to soak up an extra pound or so while I hike. Moriah, Carters, Carter Dome and out via Carter Notch. Caught a cab back to the car in Gorham. I could barely lift my right leg yesterday, my hip flexor was killing me. You should have seen the gimp I was with. I though I'd have to leave him on the hill.

Gogo, $h!Tshow, coors fleece, yourcarnotmine, watch me try da nock dat mogo of da hill wid my hed! Mo beer, stea clear, cuz da ting is is dat it's a caavin bord, hip da hip. tDAb oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooohhhhhhh

• 2 weeks later...

so enzo, what did you think of the war stories? sorry about that, he's still hangin on pretty tight. its been around 10 years now and the story hasn't changed a bit! BUT, the GUY can poundem down. we tallied up the empty b d's and kodiak cans, we were very impressived with our efforts. sunday got even worse, another goon showed up randomly and ended staying for the night.

t da b

• 3 weeks later...

From the Sugarloaf website: A combined Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Loon Mountain season pass is still coming, though we regret that it will not be coming this season. We still plan to offer this combined season pass in coming years, and for the 2007-08 season we are pleased to offer discounted skiing privileges between our three resort for Maine Pass holders.

I'd prefer the Loaf-River-Loon pass to the threedom.

loon loaf river! i dropped the hip there!

From the Sugarloaf website: A combined Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Loon Mountain season pass is still coming, though we regret that it will not be coming this season. We still plan to offer this combined season pass in coming years, and for the 2007-08 season we are pleased to offer discounted skiing privileges between our three resort for Maine Pass holders.

I'd prefer the Loaf-River-Loon pass to the threedom.

From the Loon website:

vid of South Peak towers being flown up via heli:

http://www.video-newsletter.com/loon.htm

They say snowmaking will begin Nov 1st & opening day is slated for Nov 21st.

is there a link for where all the new terrain will be ?

Looks like I might be spending alot of time on the hill at Loon this year.

PSychd to meet, ride & party with team32.

edit: found this

http://www.loonmtn.com/info/summer/speakblog.asp

http://www.loonmtn.com/info/summer/gallery_spb.asp

river loaf and loon!?!?!?!?!? you're ****ing kidding me!!!? That is going to be soooo sweet! Opening day is coming soon, and i got my rock boards ready. Lets pray the temps drop because 60 degrees at daytime is a :nono:

Its gonna suck being able to go only on weekends. I hate crowds and school. Back to the books i go... =\

a lot of cigars and harleys this summa but I was in the gym every morning @4:30am and have been dryland training for more than a month now...wanna take it up a notch this year. I'm sure I'll be hackin up a lung and have a case of sewing-machine-leg first day though...

enzo- sounds like you made an unprecedented recovery and rehab from the shattered hip off east basin last season....amazing. I still have the new madd and I wouldn't feel right if you didn't try it out first before deciding

jd- congrats again on the little bomberite coming soon...you must be slammin the bud diets keeping the stress down. Yeah and thanks for dragging Bruce out of the shop and onto the computer in your coiler-all-mtn metal thread, now black beauty is behind schedule...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot- OVA!:eplus2:

polaris- looks like you have been speed hiking your way to huge ripped quads...nice!

looking forward to seeing everyone again- schleevo

dth

its enzo's fault if bv is behind. he took advantage of me when i was vulnerable. i already had my mind made up. it was during october fest a couple weeks ago, he stopped by when i was working off my second hangover of the day, noonish??? thats when he threw in his j.v advice. what he should have been doing was sprints up angel st!! instead of helping himself to my bars top shelf! if he's serious about the govnas gauntlet, he might want to play with a bit of pain at the begining of the season, because we all know how important home ice is during the playoffs in late march. see you soon, maybee around thankgiving?

btw, i was at ptc last week. i borrowed your 178 coiler and used it at sunday river today. dont worry i brought it back to ptc for a some light work. i told desantis to put on your tab. he thinks he might be able to fix the base and core problems? and that was a 178 pure carve right, because it needs a new top sheet. purple or pink??

a lot of cigars and harleys this summa but I was in the gym every morning @4:30am and have been dryland training for more than a month now...wanna take it up a notch this year. I'm sure I'll be hackin up a lung and have a case of sewing-machine-leg first day though...

enzo- sounds like you made an unprecedented recovery and rehab from the shattered hip off east basin last season....amazing. I still have the new madd and I wouldn't feel right if you didn't try it out first before deciding

jd- congrats again on the little bomberite coming soon...you must be slammin the bud diets keeping the stress down. Yeah and thanks for dragging Bruce out of the shop and onto the computer in your coiler-all-mtn metal thread, now black beauty is behind schedule...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot- OVA!:eplus2:

polaris- looks like you have been speed hiking your way to huge ripped quads...nice!

looking forward to seeing everyone again- schleevo

dth

buddy don't blame me for your indecision on the Bunyan Room Pro Model. just drop tha hip!! what next...another thread on what topsheet to get?? :freak3:

i'm lookin at a Cam Neely-like season. hope to come back after the all star game, then i'll push hard for the playoffs in the slurpy juice.

its enzo's fault if bv is behind. he took advantage of me when i was vulnerable. i already had my mind made up. it was during october fest a couple weeks ago, he stopped by when i was working off my second hangover of the day, noonish??? thats when he threw in his j.v advice. what he should have been doing was sprints up angel st!! instead of helping himself to my bars top shelf! if he's serious about the govnas gauntlet, he might want to play with a bit of pain at the begining of the season, because we all know how important home ice is during the playoffs in late march. see you soon, maybee around thankgiving?

btw, i was at ptc last week. i borrowed your 178 coiler and used it at sunday river today. dont worry i brought it back to ptc for a some light work. i told desantis to put on your tab. he thinks he might be able to fix the base and core problems? and that was a 178 pure carve right, because it needs a new top sheet. purple or pink??

I dropped those sticks off 2 months ago and now I get an urgent call from ptc that my boards are BEHIND SCHEDULE and WE NEED TO TALK...furfucsake! I left a message with mike to just spray paint the thing white and crayon some stitches like cheevers mask and i'll make a quick switch with some goon at loon...he'll never know! hope the new coiler is Bank of Wif approved :boxing_sm ...I'll see you around thankgiving...i'll bring the yellow crime scene tape

I gotta get a couple of boards down to Mike. How backed up is he these days.

Can't wait for Shugga-loon River to open. The bounds are dug, my darts are shaap, and my coors fleece is clean and pressed. Someone ring the gong so I can DTH T da B!

was at ptc this am. if he gets the boards next week sometime, he'll spin em in a week or so.....

How's Loon looking guys? Bretton Woods blew some snow on the 29th and haven't fired the guns off again since (note that the resort photos haven't been updated since then), Attitash is throwing snow like a MFer trying to get open, and I heard that Cannon is blowing snow too. Just trying to get a handle on when I can get out there.

I spotted this on the Loon website.

NEW! LOON SUNDAY RIVER & SUGARLOAF COLLEGE PASS

$329 through November 30

The Loon, Sunday River & Sugarloaf College pass offers unlimited skiing and riding at Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf any day of the 2007-2008 winter season.

Currently not available for purchase online. To purchase yours today, call 800-229-LOON(5666).

I wish that was offered to all passholders this year. I guess we'll have to wait til next year for that privilege when we have to pay for the Gold Maine Pass ~ $849. Super expensive compared to the old 3Dom prices, but I guess the Sugar-River option is a much better alternative than Cranmore/WV.

Dave--Where are you in Plymouth?? I'm just down in Ashland over by Little Squam.

Enzo,

I retired last winter. Since I now have more time for boarding, I decided to do something about the commute to the mountains. Early this summer, we bought a place in Plymouth. We are up on the hill just south of town - just about a mile from the common. We are just above what apparently was once a ski area named Frontenac. The subdivision at Frontenac is pretty much in my back yard. I walk the dog there a lot - found the old (fallen apart) lift shack with a huge diesel engine, big gears and lots of rope.

Take heart, there was a brief snow shower at my house this morning, and I'm pretty sure I saw snow high up in the notch when the clouds lifted a bit on Tuesday afternoon.

- Dave