Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Loon is still saying they're closing the 15th. With the incoming snow, do you think they'll extend it one week? I'll need my fix right before finals roll in.

I was there today and the conditions were awesome. Grooming was great and there was almost no one on the slopes.

Slopes were empty and lift lines were non-existent.

My bet is they will really close. The empty slopes today means no one is buying tickets, so why would Loon want to stay open. Also, a lot of employees probably already have commitments to be elsewhere next week.

It's not easy or profitable for a ski area to extend the season at the last minute.

But, do whatever you can to make it out later this week or this weekend.

Thanks for the update. Thats what I was thinking. Most people are probably sick of winter or something. Count me in for friday and sunday then. Saturday, I'm headed to tuckermans. Maybe that'll wait a week though. How is the coverage doing though? any barespots? should I take out my good board?

eh guy if you're headed to Tucks it should be great, but be sure to check out the Avy report first. http://www.tuckerman.org/avalanche/index.html

The current report mentions there were some slides last weekend from last Thurs snow. Conditions are setting up to be pretty sketchy this weekend after tomorrow's storm.

have fun. wish i could join ya.

I'm aware of the avy report. I've been keeping an eye on it. When I was there 2 years ago, we were climbing up. My friend shouts out "ICE!!!" Before I had a chance to look up, an ice ball hits me right in the knee. The pain went away but it still freaked me out a bit. Wish we could have some carvers representing. See ya there next year enzo.

Dave, I'd never bring my nicest board to tucks. i'm bringing my Oxygen SX or Madd BX (the madd is pretty beat up now).

I'm so psyced for this weekend!

That Oxygen SX is a sweet ride!!! Perfect for Tuck's--short, light, & manuverable. A few years ago a buddy of mine had demos of the full model line for sale. I'm still kicking myself for not buying at least one.

A beater board is great peace of mind for the Sherburne Trail. Rocks, dirt spots, gravel--who cares!! One time I was right behind my brother and he looked like M.J.Fox in the skateboard scene in BTTF--sparks everywhere!!!

the sx is awesome. I love it and since I got it cheap, i'm not too worried about it. It seems durable too. If I see one for sale somewhere, I'm snatching it right up. I want to track down a Vokl Bx too to compare them. I love BX boards.

I saw sparks flying when I was trailing Bob Dea on his brand new Tanker.:nono:

eh enzo, you can take that oxygen and shove it up your fat a$$! and another ting, fella. your old neighbor drew bledslow called today looking for a job! hotdog cart going to be in concord tommorow around 1:30 for a feeding?

and whats this $hit, about were on the last page? baystate league rocks pissa, GUY!

That Oxygen SX is a sweet ride!!! Perfect for Tuck's--short, light, & manuverable. A few years ago a buddy of mine had demos of the full model line for sale. I'm still kicking myself for not buying at least one.

A beater board is great peace of mind for the Sherburne Trail. Rocks, dirt spots, gravel--who cares!! One time I was right behind my brother and he looked like M.J.Fox in the skateboard scene in BTTF--sparks everywhere!!!

eh enzo, you can take that oxygen and shove it up your fat a$$! and another ting, fella. your old neighbor drew bledslow called today looking for a job! hotdog cart going to be in concord tommorow around 1:30 for a feeding?

and whats this $hit, about were on the last page? baystate league rocks pissa, GUY!

eh guy you're frothin' at the mouth. have you been inhaling epoxy fumes???

we're open, but she's still inside due to the weather. look for a yellow & orange awning between CVS & Ocean's Bank on Main St. you can't miss it. she's open 'til 3pm.

almost forgot to mention...6" snow at my place today. :freak3:

ill give er all i got, but its gonna be close. i just found out we have to stop in lowell so lacouture can get an examination from the team doc, before their season ends. but if we can make it, she better have enough inventory. just a couple hungry ex-baystate leagers on there way to sherbrook for coffee and donuts, eh! team32 lift at 7:45am bunyan. dth, t da b!

stevo, you out there big fella? are you gonna finish the season off, or are you pulling the shoot, like the rest of em. if i can walk without :barf: ill be there early. but ill probably be like last saturday light headed, and pickled.

beerfest, have fun at tucks.

eh guy you're frothin' at the mouth. have you been inhaling epoxy fumes???

we're open, but she's still inside due to the weather. look for a yellow & orange awning between CVS & Ocean's Bank on Main St. you can't miss it. she's open 'til 3pm.

almost forgot to mention...6" snow at my place today. :freak3:

can't pull the chute till the race is over...i'll be there with the ball and chain:1luvu: i'll be on the lookout for ya- 65-50-45 rocks the house. i got a graham cracker ride for you if the cadillac is in the shop??

enzo- you showin much shrinkage in that speedo during pool therapy:eek: Hope you are doing well myman!

can't pull the chute till the race is over...i'll be there with the ball and chain:1luvu: i'll be on the lookout for ya- 65-50-45 rocks the house. i got a graham cracker ride for you if the cadillac is in the shop??

enzo- you showin much shrinkage in that speedo during pool therapy:eek: Hope you are doing well myman!

no way guy....when I showed up in my mankini my therapist gasped and sent me back to the locker room for a wardrobe change. dress code??? wtf????

oh btw, have fun this weekend...another 10"+ up here. make Team32 proud.

no way guy....when I showed up in my mankini my therapist gasped and sent me back to the locker room for a wardrobe change. dress code??? wtf????

oh btw, have fun this weekend...another 10"+ up here. make Team32 proud.

gasp....nice package!

sounds like tomorrow we're gunna leave tracks the groomers can't get out and 'ol jd will be sportin a serious case of schlitz halitosis...he did say he was goin to leave it all on the mountain:barf: we'll all be proud then:ices_ange

wet day today. Firm but super chopped at noon. I was teaching a friend how to ride so not much carving for me today.

Slush Monkey, funny you mention that because about 3 hours ago I called my friends to tell them the trip was off for a few more weeks, especially if we get snow again next week. 2 reasons, I figured the that its the final weekend for loon so why climb for 45 min per run when you can get one every 10 minutes while sitting down. Also, I figured the type of snow we got would make for some crazy slides out there, I didn't even bother checking the report. Thanks for the concern though, I really appreciate it. :biggthump

Conditions should be prime in the morning. See ya guys there bright and early.

wow, with all the powdah and makeup, couldn't tell if this is all talk or if there are actually trenches out there. Since I lost my slot on the team, i cleva way for jd to take the hero's highway crown... who's this year's champ? I've got some turtle wax for the iroc vic lap and 12 pack with that guy's name on it.

just fitted up Cameron with his first GS suit, Pat's flats got nuthin on us next year. the kid's got ayotte attitude, no petabuilt. now he's starting to strut the double chin like his old man, makes me so proud. he can almost open the bud diet.

btw, my fozz & 4wd looks real sweet leaning against the wall, maybe next year. sounds like Team 32 is back and bigger than eva. great work coaches.

nut fur nuthin guy, but the cameroon le ayotte looks a like petabilt? eh?

congrats to manchvegas, i called him today he sounded like he was changing his first diaper. i was so honored!

congrats to pete on his double chin. hes been real close for a couple years, i cant wait to see it. just promise me one thing guy, dont forget how to drop the hip and how to carve a schlitz. oh yeah no smoking in front of cam, he probably has already second hand smoked a pack, between you and you drunk brother.

the hero's highway crown goes too enzo. he already had it wrapped up before he wrapped himself up around a tree. :biggthump

most improved hip droppa, goes to stevo. i saw the eye of the tiger in him the last month. :AR15firin

true grit award goes too polaris.:eplus2:

coach of the year, big duke 6. :sleep:

tdab,beersfafree goes too dth. :barf:

wow, with all the powdah and makeup, couldn't tell if this is all talk or if there are actually trenches out there. Since I lost my slot on the team, i cleva way for jd to take the hero's highway crown... who's this year's champ? I've got some turtle wax for the iroc vic lap and 12 pack with that guy's name on it.

just fitted up Cameron with his first GS suit, Pat's flats got nuthin on us next year. the kid's got ayotte attitude, no petabuilt. now he's starting to strut the double chin like his old man, makes me so proud. he can almost open the bud diet.

btw, my fozz & 4wd looks real sweet leaning against the wall, maybe next year. sounds like Team 32 is back and bigger than eva. great work coaches.

Loon is done. I didn't see anyone else that I knew out there today. Under the Kang, there was more waterskiing than snowboarding and on walking boss, it was chopped up and hard. Rest of the place was somewhere in between which isn't bad. The park was packed and it looked like the park monkeys were having a competition today...who can hang their pants the lowest and not look like a duechbag. There were no winners.

Snowed and rained for most of the day made us pretty miserable but for a final day, it wasn't too bad. I'll be getting up to the big K next weekend i think.

It was a pleasure riding with you guys the other day and this season. I learned alot and wish I met up sooner. See ya next year. Good luck in your races Joe.

many thanks to all team 32 playas and especially capt jd for not throwing me off the chairlift with all the technique and set-up questions i had.

here's to hoping enzo comes back sooner than later next year to d-fend his prestigious crown and when he does- t da b beeas fa free on me :biggthump

the hero's highway crown goes too enzo. he already had it wrapped up before he wrapped himself up around a tree. :biggthump

tdab,beersfafree goes too dth. :barf:

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don’t even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We’d just like to thank you for all the races I’ve won and the $21.2 million, LOVE THAT MONEY! That I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention REDBULL, I just wanna say that REDBULL is delicious and it cools you off and we look forward to REDBULL's release of mystic mountain blueberry. It gives you wings!!! Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen :p

Props also go out to BV for building me some wicked fast Coilers, Lahouts Summit Shop for the industrial size puffa, the Bunyan Room for always quenching my thirst, my team of doctors at Concord Orthopedic, Scuderia Ferrari F1 for hand crafting lightweight titanium screws for my pelvis, and of course the cast of characters from Team32--the nastiest posse of carvahs in the northeast. :eplus2:

I hope I have the chance to defend my title next year. :biggthump