Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Went out to walk the dog this morning and hurried back to get the camera.

From Plymouth, snow was clearly visible on Moosilauke and the high peaks of Franconia Notch (Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty and Flume). Don't know about Cannon - view blocked by local hill.

- Dave

Oh yeah, cannon's got snow. The mountain has snow all the way down to the lake, not enough to ride on yet, but it's there. BW is "open" today on the learning center, the Bethlehem Quad is opening tomorrow. All the mountains that I can see from here are coated...everything from Little Haystack in my backyard, to the Twins, and the Presidentials are fully covered. Bretton Woods even has natural snow cover about 3/4 the way down the mountain. Welcome winter welcome.

justin a,

what does the weather look like for thurs,fri,sat for the bretton woods area, i heard rain, but i just checked and it looked like snow flurries. i always liked sneaking over there for some pre-season burn turns. the snow cover is usually great and ive usually beat myself up pretty good by the time it gets crowded. i usually call er quits when the local ski teams show up, and clog up the whole hill. jokers! they should be at copper with all the real ski clubs!

bretton woods is like riding a mo-ped, there fun until your friends see you on one. let me know, im planning on going saturday for a bit!

j.d

Tomorrow is supposed to suck for us. High of 43 around sunrise, temps dropping through the day with scattered showers turning to flurries as the temps drop. Tomorrow night it's supposed to be in the 20's, with temps recovering to the low 30's friday during the day- staying low because of the snow that we're expecting. Snow should taper off saturday.

I'll be out tomorrow with my girlfriend at least through the morning (depends on how her legs hold up for the first day), and every morning thereafter. Friday and saturday, depending on the snowstorm, I might skip lunch at the employee cafe and just stay on the hill and enjoy the fresh, but you can count on me being out there until around 11-11:30 am every day...barring extreme circumstances at work.

I'm the guy out there in the black pants :cool: . Either a red, blue, or green jacket (weather dependent), and on the teles I'll be sporting a brown knit hat with brim and either M-Frames or Oakley Juliets with blue mirrors, or on the boards I've got a blue helmet and ugly ass orange goggles. See you out there!

Not going out today...it's been raining all night. But the teperature is already on its way down, so the snow should be starting....I'm going to say around 2 or 3pm. TWC says ~1" of wet crap snow, but I don't believe them much anymore, since this rain was supposed to be scattered showers.

See you saturday! I'll be out there on a blue coiler and orange heads, if the weather allows.

sounds a good! i should be there.

orange deeluxes/white coiler and a jean tuxedo with a marlboro red in my mouth.

i hope that marlboro is gore-tex lined. flood watch today with 2-3 inches of rain.

hey, if you have the time & car space, any chance you could make a NH->PTC run for me sometime in the next few weeks? 3 boards and 1 ski. No rush b/c I'm still about a month away.

bud diets are on me. :biggthump

i hope that marlboro is gore-tex lined. flood watch today with 2-3 inches of rain.

I live in front of the Little River...lets say that it doesn't sound so little anymore. OTOH, the rain has given way to mix, which should give way to snow in about an hour and a half or so.

BW didn't open today, they were trying to keep the snow on the mountain, which with the rain is difficult enough, so they didn't need people scraping it off too. Should be good tomorrow though :1luvu: .

Hells yeah! up here in twin I figure we've got about 2" on the ground at this point, and the snow just keeps getting harder and fluffier. There was enough snow that I walked the dog on my tele skis today, lets put it that way. I heard a reasonable 10" expectation for the ski areas today, epecially at higher elevations. And there's still 2 hours to lifts open. I think it's gonna be a good day.

Still snowing! There was about 6" of fresh on the ground at BW when we left at 10am. The power went out and they didn't have the tanks full to run the lifts on Diesel fuel, nor the staff to do the evacs when the tanks quit. So we got 2 runs in on freshies, enough for the girlfriend's first-day legs to handle, and I did my first real runs on my teles.

Damned power outages.

enzo,

ill be up tommorow afternoon. do you want to meet at the blue canoe so i can get those coilers on ebay for the weekend!? for thursday, i have a game lined up with the lin-wood football team. they don't stand a chance! im going to try to get out this weekend.

project "one72amx" is under way in the great white north, she should be ready by mid december. keeping my fingers crossed, some of the t32 memebers boards have been coming in in the last couple of weeks. call me tommorow if you can meet.

jd

fellas,

ill be there on sunday early, before it gets crowded. ive been up at bodemiller-woods a couple times, great onditions. was a little crowded today. spent most of yesterday at littleton hospital, my sista crashed into a death cookie on her first run with the flat light. ill be in the bunyan room at 7:45-8:15.

i'm gonna pass on going to loon on the weekends. I can miss my classes on wednesdays, so i'll try to head there this wednesday for my first day. I'll be taking full advantage of my friends' condos at Sunday River this season too, so my weekends will be spent there instead. I hate going to loon on weekends. Loon is still my favorite though.

Get enough carving in for me, since my days this year will be much more limited.

JD, hope your sister is aright.

what's the deal with passes? who's in/out this year? I just opened the bill for Nov 30th and croaked at this year's prices...

I've been training real hard, i couldn't fit in my camo pants this past weekend, i figured after thanksgiving weekend and I should be at 220 and finally bend the bahd this year.

dr. hanmer dropped some in the hip also. so im ready, no excuses enzo/manchmike/stevo/mojo/kenmac. team captain polaris has been chomping at the bit like a crazed gooned up shi-tzu. pre-season workout at the b-room 8:15am saturday.

jv members must check in by the end of december to hold there spots in the 2008 govnas mug cup gauntlet.

duff

dufe

roberto le ayotte

jessie duke :1luvu:

chippewa