Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

i'm sittin here on the couch like joeybagodonuts wishing I was surfin the pow on golden banana (named after the fine establishment of course) when i should be in the garage like tuff guy enzo doing plyos...2 hours on the hill in that cold after what you went thru is amazing dood!! it was good to see you and i'm glad you aren't too sore, i swept the highway and b-room a couple of times but only saw tracks and empty RBs.

jd-once you ride black beauty all the others will be left in the barn.......

JD - Glad you "turned back" on Sunday. Although I'm not buying the "too much traffic on a Sunday morning in a snowstorm at 6 am" excuse. Turns out that loon dropped the gondi cable off a tower in high winds yesterday morning. People were stuck for over an hour. Probably would have been us.

Anyone up for some hooky on Thursday? I could go to either Loon or WV. WV has the better discount for my step-daugther. Although, I'd love to hit the south mtn, just to check things out.

did i say that? i meant too much hungova. x-mass party saturday night. honestly i was on the road when i called you i wasn't feeling like cole trickle. anywho loon friday guy!

JD - Glad you "turned back" on Sunday. Although I'm not buying the "too much traffic on a Sunday morning in a snowstorm at 6 am" excuse. Turns out that loon dropped the gondi cable off a tower in high winds yesterday morning. People were stuck for over an hour. Probably would have been us.

Anyone up for some hooky on Thursday? I could go to either Loon or WV. WV has the better discount for my step-daugther. Although, I'd love to hit the south mtn, just to check things out.

A friend at work told me that after the lifts shut down they threatened arrest for anyone hiking for turns. :AR15firin:flamethro

Here's the question of the day...if you're stuck on the gondi for ova an hour with JD, do you risk injury and jump?? :smashfrea

I'm 50/50 on the end of the week. I need to see how I recover after some workouts this week. If I do go, I'm running the JV squad ova on the WB.

guy did you bring out the powdah bahd this past weekend? jd, watch out kids get you dumbmoted to the frosh team or give you coodies.

Petabuilt and I are heading to Cannon on 12/26, 12/27 on the snow somewhere else, this weekend is out too many holiday parties.

overslept by 5 hours or so on monday which is good for anyone on the road because i would've probably fallen asleep at the wheel from the lack of sleep during finals.

Today was awesome! conditions are as good now as they were at the peak of last year. My skill(if you can call it that) defintly deteriorated a bit. Counter-rotation was a huge prob. Only causualty today was my mp3 player on the first run. If anyone sees a white zune burried in the snow, let me know :smashfrea

Cruiser sucked so much on tuesday. They barely groomed it. Glad they made it better because south peak was desolate when we were there.

I'll be up there tomorrow (thursday) teaching a kid how to ride an alpine board with a few other people. Anyone else going to be there?

don't even bother with loon tomorrow. today the crowds were insane. Tomorrow, the wait will be like 15 minutes for each run. For you JD, the 5 minute walk would be worth it, but for anyone driving more than an hour, just wait till next weekend.

Saw like 6 carvers out today. One guy in a yellow jacket with green pants was teaching a kid...anyone from here?

I'll be there on the 2nd. tear it up.

Gleb,

Mt Snow was a little crowded yesterday but got plenny runs in zippin thru the singles line.First day out, nice and sore today. How's the snow at Loon after the rain ?

witnessed a near riot at the quad yesterday when they closed the lift at 4:00 with 100 people waiting for last run. pretty funny :lol:

christmas vacation madness :rolleyes:

cannonistas ? 2 fer tuesdays 1/1/2008 ?

turn off the sound, sweet views

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP3PKqC_14s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP3PKqC_14s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

can't take another day off from work otherwise i'd meet you enzo! just got back from a 7 day game improvement session in Utah- no tv or internet. the B on the helmet stands for Brighton or Beer or Bunyan but not B-team Bitch :nono:

you up at goon this w/e dood? jd??

Loon should be epic today since I got shut down by the wife trying to sneak out at 5:45 with minimal sleep.Orig plan for Cannon 2for1 squashed since we heard they're callin today a holiday=no deals.

Gleb, et al let me know what I missed. :angryfire

lookin better up the road

Tonight

Snow in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Snow may be heavy at times. Total accumulation of 8 to 14 inches. Lows 14 to 19. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

[chancesnow]

Wednesday

Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 18. Temperature falling to around 11 in the afternoon. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

» ZIP Code Detail

[nt_cloudy]

Wednesday Night

Mostly cloudy in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Much colder with lows 4 below to 9 below zero. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill values as low as 16 below.

[partlycloudy]

Thursday

Mostly sunny. Highs 7 to 12 above. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Wind chill values as low as 12 below in the morning.

just got back from a 7 day game improvement session in Utah- no tv or internet. the B on the helmet stands for Brighton or Beer or Bunyan but not B-team Bitch :nono:

your trip to UT must've been great!! did you get pounded with snow? venture out of Big Cottonwood? what boards did you ride?

i'll probably pull an 8-10am gig this weekend. get in some turns before the crowds become too out of control.

your trip to UT must've been great!! did you get pounded with snow? venture out of Big Cottonwood? what boards did you ride?

i'll probably pull an 8-10am gig this weekend. get in some turns before the crowds become too out of control.

enzo, didn't venture out of big cottonwood...at -5* to 10* and having the room less than 50 yards from the lift was sweet! we never saw the sun the whole time we were there it seemed to always be spittin snow. we had hard groomers, soft groomers, and pow...the coiler AM ruled it all. the last day we had 15" in the morn and it snowed at least 3" an hour all day. they had to shut down the access road for several hours in the morning so we had the whole place almost to ourselves!!

hope you get the snowday tomorrow...look for you first thing sat for some bigturns bigguy!!