Note to New Members ×

Silly laws and regulations...

Justin A.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the poo really hits the fan if you have someone 21 buy you a pistol so you can use that permit....hmmmm stupid laws!! I would rather live in an open carry state like Arizona even though I've got a CCW here. Just makes more sense to me, even though the bleedin' liberals have fits when they see a gun. Just my $.02 amero

I'm at present in Diego Garcia (1000 miles south of India) and here is a law that the chickens are "citzens of the crown". now this may not sound all that bad but they have a habit of swarming around your feet and pecking your toes (I'm 7degrees south of the equator and wearing sandals) if you kick said chickens (and they are everywhere) its a 1000 Britishpound fine and reason for expulsion from the island

And the poo really hits the fan if you have someone 21 buy you a pistol so you can use that permit....hmmmm stupid laws!! I would rather live in an open carry state like Arizona even though I've got a CCW here. Just makes more sense to me, even though the bleedin' liberals have fits when they see a gun. Just my $.02 amero

NH is an open carry state! So is Vermont :) I don't even need to carry concealed, but you need the permit to carry it loaded in a vehicle in reach of the driver.

The thing is, federal law only limits the PURCHASE of firearms, and states limit the posession. NH law says that I can carry a gun if I want to, as long as I don't buy it. After reading closely, I can (in the gun shop, in front of the clerk), hand my father $600, he hands the clerk the $600, the clerk hands him the Glock, my father turns to me and says "happy birthday" and nothing would happen.

The beeding heart liberals want to keep the law abiding citizens unarmed so that the criminals can have an easy time killing, raping, exploiting, ect. so that said liberals have something to whine about.

________

Penny Stocks To Buy

I'm at present in Diego Garcia (1000 miles south of India) and here is a law that the chickens are "citzens of the crown". now this may not sound all that bad but they have a habit of swarming around your feet and pecking your toes (I'm 7degrees south of the equator and wearing sandals) if you kick said chickens (and they are everywhere) its a 1000 Britishpound fine and reason for expulsion from the island

Thats no good...Im sorry...Im stitting here lmfao. :lol: That's why you stay in the cold ;)

How about this one : If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle. Florida law...maybe it has something to do with hot weather?

________

Klonopin Rehab Advice

Thats no good...Im sorry...Im stitting here lmfao. :lol: That's why you stay in the cold ;)

well other than the weird rules this place is paradise...picture a tropical island with almost no onoe around. A week here will be ok and i didn't have a choice it's for work (about 2 days of actual work

Justin,

The beeding heart liberals want to keep the law abiding citizens unarmed so that the criminals can have an easy time killing, raping, exploiting, ect. so that said liberals have something to whine about.

I personally do not care if you carry a gun or not, but you might give your above conclusion a little more thought.

Thanks, Buell

Justin,

I personally do not care if you carry a gun or not, but you might give your above conclusion a little more thought.

Thanks, Buell

True, I may have taken that a bit far. Im just in a really bad mood with the media and liberal bias right now after watching good morning america this morning. Let's sensationalize everything and try to scare people! ...like I did with that post :smashfrea DOH! Yep...Im a tool.

________

Buy silver surfer

"Liberals" trying to sensationalize everything and scare everybody?

odd. Sounds to me like a certain administration that has been in power for...how long now? Damn liberal presidents!

...bwahahaha!!!! And dont forget the "liberal media" :lol: :lol: ....so, how's the Kool-Aid? :lol: :smashfrea

I saw a John Stossel special where he interviewed inmates currently doing hard time in a maximum security prison for violent crimes with a deadly weapon. He asked them if gun laws were an impedence to getting weapons, or a deterrent from committing crime with weapons, and they literally laughed out loud. Then one of the inmates <i>volunteered</i> an unsolicited comment that the biggest thing they fear when about to comit a crime is that their intended victim is armed.

I like an old Florida law. It states if you are walking to Church on Sunday morning alone you must carry a rifle and 20 rounds of ammo!

I wish the states would modify that to "anytime you are walking alone you must carry a weapon." Be helluva lot less crime and the few innocent people hurt would be <5% of the Crime victims today and tonight.

Europeans and Canadians used to be able to walk around armed and free. You may not be old enough to remember... oh btw, in the Yukon territory you will still see prospecters walking around armed with handguns, and that is technically Canada. Where do you think we got the basic principles for the constitution? Blackstone(English law) and ........ the Bible.

Europeans and Canadians used to be able to walk around armed and free. You may not be old enough to remember... oh btw, in the Yukon territory you will still see prospecters walking around armed with handguns, and that is technically Canada. Where do you think we got the basic principles for the constitution? Blackstone(English law) and ........ the Bible.

I knew I'd regret posting in this thread.

Yeah and dont forget the Toronto Seal Hunters walking around with spiked clubs.

got to chime in here. The Uk has a higher rate of violent crime than the US. However, The murder rate is less than 5% that of the US. The only difference, guns. Most people would rather be roughed up and mugged than dead. I understand that guns are part of the culture here, but to justify them on the grounds of making people safer is like saying the war in Iraq has reduced terrorism.

On a similar vein, befor I moved here, I also thought the very high US suicide rate was because of the availability of guns. Then I heard heard New Country music and that explained that statistic.

BobD

I like an old Florida law. It states if you are walking to Church on Sunday morning alone you must carry a rifle and 20 rounds of ammo!

I wish the states would modify that to "anytime you are walking alone you must carry a weapon." Be helluva lot less crime and the few innocent people hurt would be <5% of the Crime victims today and tonight.

Yeah, I'm sure Jesus would approve of that Florida law :rolleyes: I hope your being facetious about requiring people to carry guns. I for one would proudly violate it, as I chose not to live my life in fear. I'd be intersted if you have some source about your less then 5% claim. :D

a nation where the "leaders" are the only ones with guns is the scariest thought of all.

if people knew someone might have a gun, wouldnt they be less likely to mess with them? requiring it...dunno, but yet again, laws don't do jack ---- especially laws banning guns and drugs.

D, I absolutlely agree with you! That is my main reason for NOT supporting gun control. I fear the gov more then any thug. Was doing a little research and found this interesting though, especially this quote:

"The issue of "home defense" or protection against intruders may well be misrepresented. Of 626 shootings in or around a residence in three U.S. cities revealed that, for every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides (Kellermann et al, 1998). Over 50% of all households in the U.S. admit to having firearms (Nelson et al, 1987). It would appear that, rather than beign used for defense, most of these weapons inflict injuries on the owners and their families.

the link: http://medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNSTAT.html

And the fact that roughly 50% more people take their own lives with guns then take the lives of others :eek: We've met the enemy, and they are us :(

a nation where the "leaders" are the only ones with guns is the scariest thought of all .D-Sub

I often hear people say, this is the greatest country in the world, and in the next breath say, you better have a hand gun to protect yourself on the street and an AK47 in the closset in case the goverment gets out of control.

I guess I'm still trying to understand.

BobD

I often hear people say, this is the greatest country in the world, and in the next breath say, you better have a hand gun to protect yourself on the street and an AK47 in the closset in case the goverment gets out of control.

I guess I'm still trying to understand.

BobD

Damn Brit's, always confusing the issue with facts! :boxing_sm :lol: Seriously though, we dont need to have an AK in the closet to protect ourselves from the "gubmint". Just an unchangeable law that says we can is enough.