Note to New Members ×

Woodies

Pow

Slider's board is Skid, a relativelly obscure brand previously built in Vancouver.

They all had wooden top sheets and kevlar string zig-zagging between the edges, the entire length span. It makes the edge almost imposible to pull out and, I would imagine, a benefit towards the torsionall stiffness.

• 2 weeks later...
We are not much for collecting, but these were too beautiful to pass up!

That's awsome! I didn't know that 174 Munoz existed... Would you trade it for something? You are a pow rider, I've got something you might like...

boris at blueb dot biz

Didn't they used to be in NH?

Glad you like them. The 174 is not a Munoz and pre-dates them. Both boards were likely manufactured in the old Ride/K2 plant in CA back before 2000. I never did ride the 174 (I'm just getting started on hardboots) but loved the Munoz A155. We have another similar board with mahogany rather than oak in the center...they used several different woods back then. I'd love to find one of the rosewood boards!

The longer board was just designated as a Woodie A174. The A stood for alpine, I believe. A freeride Woodie/Munoz has a D in front of the length for directional.

Yes, they were in NH. UPS does wonderful things! :D

Thank you for filling in some details about the 174.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Buell, That is a sweet ride! Looks like a real versatile shape. Enjoy your winter up in Utah! Haven't been up to Powder Mtn in about 10 years - love that place. Take care, Tom

Thanks Tom.

Powder Mountain is pretty far from Japan. You may not recognize it now. Lots of changes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Freesurf swallowtail 183!

Photo doesn't do the justice to the wood top. She's a beauty! Never touched snow or had bindings on it, just few rub marks from kicking around over a decade.

It gets even better - waist is only 22.6 wide, perfect for hardboots!

I knew that one existed in Vancouver. Was trying to get it from 2007...

post-1678-141842343556_thumb.jpg

post-1678-14184234356_thumb.jpg