Note to New Members ×

big mtn... BMES 09

west carven

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look, snow in Montana!!

I have every intention of coming back next year and maybe talking some of the Calgary crew into coming with me.

Hopefully they will have the same killer deal on accommodations that they had last season. Kathy and I got three nights in a really nice up/down unit, with a bathroom each and a full kitchen, and 100 yards walk to the lifts for $260 per person. If they repeat, I'll post it here.

It has been snowing in bigfork down on the lake for 9 hrs straight. we have 2 inches accumulation on warm ground. It can't melt fast enough:freak3:

Biggest storm of the year and its on June 10:eek:

If next season is as good as the last one we will have to change the name to the Big mtn powder fest:D

well it snowed for 14 hours straight and then turned to rain. It never froze and we still have 2-3 inches on the ground. No idea how much snow we really got as it was melting as fast as it fell. crazy day but not unheard of in june.:ices_ange

We had a few diehard ohioans showing up every year anyway so we decided to invite you all. WE eagerly await the setting of the dates!

Shred is the traditional setter of dates even though he stood us up last season:eplus2:

That sounds like the right tool Shred, but 159 is a little short for me at 6ft, 180#. 165 are my short boards, Nidecker for carving, Eldo for allaround.

I like the idea reinforced risers as I've cracked a couple boards behind the binders.

Does the X3 have enough tail lift for riding switch in the fresh??

I'm anxious to try it out after the positive feedback on BOL.

You gotta make it to Bigfish next year with an arsenal so I can sample the legendary X series.:biggthump

And to think I was going to travel lite this coming season!!

I don't think its advisable to ride the X3 switch in Fresh pow.. fresh goom ok,,, but not deep stuff.. I pick up a new Tanker 182 for that..

I probably... will only bring two X's series boards... but that could change?

Still undecided ... either BMES or SES or Canada...

Right Said Shred

• 4 weeks later...

The Tanker is lighter, narrower and higher nose radius than the Lib Tech. I rode the Lib Tech on and off for years. The Tanker is a much better ride for me. If you have a large foot and ride softboots on it, the Lib Tech might be better. OR, if you can find one the Tanker "Heli-Cat" Wide 187cm is the ticket. Hard to go wrong with the Rad-Air Tanker series. My personal favorite.

Have not ridden the Diablo, however the builder is very good friend and those I know and trust like the board enough to buy one. After the leg heals I will be happy to ride one of their boards and offer an opinion. Very much looking forward to this.

The Garage is another fine board, snappy, carves well, just shorter than I like. John is one very smart builder

Bryan