Note to New Members ×

Wild Binding Set-Up (Possible PGS Spoiler)

Speedzilla

Gasp.....how could someone possibly race at a World Cup level with those wimpy bails!

Imagine how much faster he could be.....

Pretty cool shop project. Snowpro or F2 jerry-rigged to an alum plate and some riders. Looks like a nice set-up...

K

I imagine the bails were like that for a reason.

Advancements in snowboard technology have to start someplace.

it looks like an edge response thing to me. the bindings do not attach to the middle of the board. all attachment is out close to the edges. the benefits of a riser and direct transmission to the edge. I will let you enginneering types work out the math but it seems like a sound hypothesis to me. I want to know if its got inserts out that far or of the riser is hooked to the normal inserts somehow. it looks empty in the middle to me. screws ala ski style maybe??:confused:

Gasp.....how could someone possibly race at a World Cup level with those wimpy bails!

Imagine how much faster he could be.....

Pretty cool shop project. Snowpro or F2 jerry-rigged to an alum plate and some riders. Looks like a nice set-up...

K

Woops! Up too late, too little sleep. I see it now.

Bordy

I've got some money comming your way.

That's gotta be upwards of 10 degrees or so! Isn't Northwave boots the ones the EC Swoard guys suggest/use? Also, wasn't G. Jaquet the shaper for Wild Duck at one time? I seem to remember seeing his name on the tail of my 158 WC Wild Duck.....? He ended up 8th overall.

?

Paul

Paul

Yeah, I just happened to read that on the web site from the link from drzone. Right above the picture of the 3 swoards, it says

"It's unfortunately very difficult to find especialy made equipment on the market for extreme carving.

For this reason, we build our own boards (Jacques has been shaper for WILD DUCK snowboards for 1990 to 1994). Despite their allround behaviour, they are the result of more than 10 years of extreme carving exprience."

How exactly does a rider of this level blow out of both bindings at the same time?

From looking at the bindings in that first picture, I think the answer to your question might be: "easily."

I read Kent's comment (how could someone possibly race at a World Cup level with those wimpy bails!) not as sarcasm but as honest surprise that a serious rider would trust their most treasured assets (functioning knees) to such fragile equipment. To say nothing of losing a race because your equipment failed. At least you can decide when and where to tweak out a big method :) but failures tend to happen when you least expect them.

I read about how brand X bindings are popular and famous racer Y just keeps a lot of spare parts on hand, and I just shake my head. It just boggles my mind that top-tier racers compromise safety and reliability. Not that any binding has a 100% perfect record (as far as I'm aware) but still, I just can't imagine.