Note to New Members ×

Southern Ontario Session '06 (New Thread)

csquared

There is no night skiing / riding at Osler. At this time of year, the lifts will likely run 'til 3:45 or maybe 4:00 but it gets pretty gloomy on the hill after 3:00. Do the exam and do it well after which we will look forward to seeing you. If you stick to the high speed quad, you can do as many as ten runs in an hour but not many of us would be up to that mark (8,000 v. ft /hr!).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last call for rides. I have two in my truck, room for two more. My only request is that your board is in a bag or wrapped in a blanket.

If you're planning to drive up alone, why not share the gas and help keep me awake. I'm in west part of Toronto but I could also meet you at King Side Road commuter lot.

Leaving Toronto at 6:30AM. Last check on my email will be 9:00PM tonight.

Great news!!! Thanks so much.

Definitely will see you all tomorrow, hopefully by 10am. I can take passenger(s) but won't be able to leave really early.

Could anyone advise on the faster route of the 2 given?

I've been to Osler once before, but that was a few years back and I was driven.

I will be leaving from Ajax.

Hey,

I see people are going to arrive at different times tomorrow. Is anyone going to be there for 8:00 or 8:30 when they open. My view is that the snow will still be nice earlier in the day, before the temp gets up to 7 degrees and the snow gets heavy. I will be their first thing.

Darren :biggthump

When you exit Hwy 400 at 26, take it slow until you hit the 80km zone. The Barrie cops are there just waiting to pick off skiers as they head up in the morning. I got nailed there last season.

Which ever route I pick, the other will be the faster!

During the week, I find the 400 and Hwy 26 to be the best flowing. They all seem to take the same amount of time, and you are using 2 lane country roads!

See you tomorrow,

John

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Chris for all the work he put in to make this day perfect. He obviously put in a good word with the weather gods because the conditions were awesome. I think everyone had a good time. It was nice to get out with a bunch of hardbooters of varying abilities to compare notes on equipment and techniques. Hopefully Bruce is OK after his spill today.

Again Chris, thanks, it is appreciated that you took the responsibility to have an army of us at your club.

Darren Eagles :biggthump

Hopefully Bruce is OK after his spill today.

Was he trying pull off some kiteboarding moves on the alpine board?

Seriously though,that doesn't sound so good. What happened? Hope everything is ok too.

Wish I could have been there. Looked like it would have been awesome. Will have to settle for MSLM tomorrow.

Gabe

was great meeting / riding with you guys, wish i could of made it there earlier though. and thanks for all the pointers Rob. i went to blue for a few more hours after, and conditions was way ****tier than at Osler. but i still manage to get a few good turns in.

well if you guys end up heading up to blue anytime drop a line over. luv to ride with you guys again.

cheers.

Thank you Chris again for a great session.

My apologies to the old lady in the green jacket I almost gave a heart attack to, cutting her off her gate and al.

I saw some amazing carving today in Coiler country.

Here are some pics.

Note that these are compressed. If anyone want the original picture(s) let me know.

While everyone is still fresh

mr8i3a.jpg

mr8idy.jpg

And now for some fresh beer

mr8ikw.jpg

mr8imw.jpg

I had a great time, despite the winds it was an amazing day. It was good to meet everyone and i really enjoyed myself. And also enjoyed raggin on all the oldies. I must say, riding with much more experienced and skilled people really helped me and i probabaly learned more all that day than i have this entire season. Special thanks to Henry for the ride and Rob for the entertainment and beer. Hopefully Bruce is doing alright.

-Victor Plopeanu

Chris/John:

Thank you very much for organizing another fantastic day at Osler - as usual the place rocks.

What more could we ask for blue skies, groomed slopes, warm weathers and 20+ people ripping up a private club - life is good.

Many thanks for the effort on behalf of all of us.

ALl the best,

Rob