Note to New Members ×

Southern Ontario Session '06 (New Thread)

csquared

Hi, guys.

My name is Anatoly. I've came to Canada from Russia, to study. I've used hardstuff over 2 years.

I'd like to ride with you:D

Can I still join in, it'll be good for international relationship;)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here (courtesy of our friend YYZ and with a few late additions) is the list as it stands right now.

1,2 csquared & friend

3 Skategoat

4 John O'Brien

5 Ruhtra

6 ARCrider

7 Greg Marsden

8 pmWizard

9 John H

10 Rob-CanCarve

11 Chris Ball

12,13 Beth, Derek

14 Rob Smith

15 Mike McNally

16 Dan Stewart

17 Darren Eagles

18 Veector

19 Imo

20,21 Andrea & Dave Morgan

22 Anatoly (Tolik)

23 Bruce Varsava

24 Chris Houghton (I presume)

We are over the 20 target but I think we can swing it. However, I am going to close the list at this point. Apologies to anyone who missed this post early enough to get on.

VEECTOR, IMO, ANATOLY, I need your real names to go on the ticket list (I know the rest of you). When you arrive on January 27, you will only be able to pick up a ticket if your name appears on the guest list for the day. BETH & DEREK, you need to remind me of your last names and I think you mentioned that you wanted to bring a relative (need his name).

Some changes: the ticket office will be collecting the $40 price of your ticket for the day. In addition to paying for your ticket, you will be required to sign a waiver form (this is standard procedure for mid-week groups at the club).

I will post more updates the week of the event so stay tuned.

Oh yes, pray for the weather to improve. Its looking grim for the coming week.

VEECTOR, IMO, ANATOLY, I need your real names to go on the ticket list (I know the rest of you). When you arrive on January 27, you will only be able to pick up a ticket if your name appears on the guest list for the day. BETH & DEREK, you need to remind me of your last names and I think you mentioned that you wanted to bring a relative (need his name).

"Anatoly Andrushchenko" this is my full name, it's hard to spell it even for me:D

This year it is going to be known as the McNally Clan Session. Welcome to the MCS everyone. Sorry about the sarcasm Beth. Yes, Colin can come.

Fear not Rob Sydia, you know I know you. I was just trying to be discrete with names here because not everyone likes to be public with such things.

Watch for updates next week and if you have any contacts in high places make a plea for snow.

Joking aside, I think the McNally Carving Session is scheduled for reading week at Holimont this year. The video on carveitup.net at Sunshine is from our trip there 3 years ago. There are 3 McNallys in Toronto who ride but they didn't respond in time. There are also 3 west coasters who ride and others sprinkled across the country. I think we have 11 or 12 people riding plates total.

beth

carveitup.net

Veector:

Osler has the highest vertical drop of the Collingwood hills at 800 vertical feet They are all pretty close to this but Osler's part of the escarpment doesn't start out with that typical minimal slope table land drop for the first 100 feet so the real riding starts right from the chair terminus. The runs are mostly blue with a few black runs that have 400 foot drop pitches. Most of the runs have ample width for carving and the grooming and snow conditions are quite good (to the extent that the weather cooperates). The club works well for carvers of all ability levels but I think experienced carvers get the most pleasure. Being a private club, the traffic is light and the skiers are mostly of a high ability level (less issues with novice skiers in the way but more issues with racers and pretend racers running you down).

You could visit the club web site here for more info but the web site is not that informative.

Hey looks like i will be joining you guys next friday.. but i have to go into work for a bit. so probably be up there after lunch. (i know one of the instructor there so he will walk me in, so don't worry about putting me on the list.)

but where will you guys be mostly? im sure it wont' be hard to spot 20 hardbooter zipping down a run.

looking forward to friday.

cheers.

The rumours are true. A bumper crop of the white stuff last night. It made for a difficult day out today but it will be great by the end of the week if the weather holds. The new stuff was damp and heavy so it isn't going anywhere once they get it groomed in tonight and the base under it is hard but moist so it should bond well. Weather for the coming week looks reasonable with flurries most days but some mild temperatures.

I have been a bit silent because I was concerned about whether there was going to be anything left to ride on. However, based on the snowfall today, I think Friday should be okay. So, back to Plan A. We ride Friday

Will post more details this week on meeting places, times, hills we will be riding, radio frequency etc.. Have to send the contract and the list of names Monday morning.

Everyone:

Osler is in great shape from Friday night's dump. They groomed it up beautifully Saturday night, and it was cold enough to harden nicely.

The weather forecast for the week has the brief reference to snowsqualls, which usually give snow to Osler when they happen. A really nice sunny day today at Osler, just to add to expectation.

BTW on Saturday it looked like alot more than 22 cm! Just really heavy!

John