Note to New Members ×

Help me respond to a softbooter

nekdut

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, its really hard not to post and trash the lil punk. lol

i'd love to race him switch. i ride both, soft and hard for 15 yrs. showing him up in the park or the pipe on an alpine board would be fun too. damn, i really want to register just to post there

i ride at mt creek. great mt for freestylers. lots of fun. but when i get on my burton speed, i get the "what is that" from alot of the lil punks in lift line. they really have no clue what it is. its pretty funny actually. whats even more funny is that i have this volant stainless steel sl162 with trenchdiggers. the tip started to delam so i put 4 fat stainless bolts thru it. i use a 3/8 chrome chain as my leash. it looks like a razor blade on steroids. needless to say, the lil punks stay out of my way. i get the occasional gasp but thats about it. muwahahahaha

Guest Thomas_S

Not me - I was going to register under "GT83" or something similar :D (I restrained myself from clicking the 'register' link :D).

Atleast he restrained from super-flames :D. Better than I'd have done....

i have this volant stainless steel sl162 with trenchdiggers. the tip started to delam so i put 4 fat stainless bolts thru it. i use a 3/8 chrome chain as my leash. it looks like a razor blade on steroids. needless to say, the lil punks stay out of my way. i get the occasional gasp but thats about it. muwahahahaha

Insane! I bet that looks the bollix! Do you ride it wearing your "Matrix" trenchcoat? (I would!)

Please post photo ... would love to see this!

wasnt me. I have shown a heretofore unrealised level of restraint

:lol:

Awesome, D-sub - nicely put. :)

Snocarver laid it down pretty well too, I think.

Additional thoughts which it's not worth my time to share with the jib kids on the Subaru site.

I was at the Nagano Olympics in '98...I had a friend working in Nagano City Hall who put us up at his apartment, which was the only way I could afford the trip.

I was hanging out with a Sims/Da Kine product tester named Ian (we were both from Portland, and both living in Sapporo at the time) at the men's snowboard GS. Ian was pretty well connected at the time and was greeting a lot of industry acquaintances that had made the trip to Japan to see the first Olympic snowboarding. He made a point of introducing me to a guy named Rob and some guy named Tom, talking up my 'leet Japanese skills until I was kind of embarrassed. When they left, he looked at me and said "That was Rob Morrow and Tom Sims."

<b>D'oh!</b>

A while after that I saw Klug's board disintegrate on the monitors (the upper part of the course didn't have seating - just TV cameras sending an image down to the seats, which were below the last pitch and the finish line)...

Aah, memories.

Anyway, my point is that if Tom Sims and Rob Morrow thought that snowboard GS was interesting/important enough to show up, the opinion of a marketing-seduced newbie who probably can't carve his soft setup is, well, pretty much meaningless. I mean, I could tell you what I think about nuclear physics, but you'd be wasting your time if you actually put any thought into what I said.

A digression, but the other cool thing that happened that day: I also met the Hot alpine team manager, and when I told him I rode a Hot Rod, he gave me my first schwag ever: a Hot hat that I still have/wear.

Nostalgia, ain't it great?

Insane! I bet that looks the bollix! Do you ride it wearing your "Matrix" trenchcoat? (I would!)

Please post photo ... would love to see this!

i'm not exactly sure what "the bollix" is, but i bet its pretty rad. i like the idea of the trenchcoat. i'll be sure to give that one a go this season. i'll post a pic of it later tonight when i get home. :)

edit - oh ya, snocarver isnt me either but i like his post

bollocks, not bollix :)

why would a girl want something to look "butch"

and mike...I dont think it is...someone else mentioned LRs sig recently, and probably borrowed it

I wanted to say SO much more, but...really, truly no point. Its like convincing someone that..well...no point

you have a question posted to you...
Where is that, exactly?
This is regarding skiers admiring/hating our carving ....

Sheesh! I'm a skier (enlightened?) too! Carving rocks! :ices_ange But really, I've had skiers at many resorts comment one way or the other about carving (Usually something to the effect of "that looks like a lot of fun!".) And lately, a lot more snowboarders have been commenting positively about carving, too.

*Will ... not ... open ... another ... forum ... account .... Trying ... not ... .... Harder ... to ... resist .... :smashfrea *

It shouldn't, but it always amazes me how stubborn people can be when they are introduced to something new; especially variations on sports/ideas they are passionate about. I'm a car guy (Subaru WRX!!!) and I have very strong ideas about what a good car should be, and how it should be used, etc, but I can still appreciate the passion of others for their cars no matter what the car, and how it is used. For instance, if a mod isn't functional in a performance sense, IMO it is not worth doing, but I can still appreciate the passion of the guy/gal with a car that has nice bodywork and paint and a hydraulic suspension bouncing down the road.

Way to take take the high road. Feel free to post this link there as well.

http://www.subaruproblems.com

Seems subaru of america refused to do a recall for defective head gaskets on many 2.5 motors and just sent out a can of radiator stop-leak instead. This was designed to get owners past 100,000 miles and out of warranty.

I'm ashamed to be a subie-freak.

why would a girl want something to look "butch"

Sorry to burst your bubble, sweetie, but not all of us are giggly girly girls and like our snowboards with pink flowers on them. Certainly nobody would ever accuse me of that!

There's something about a board with some great ugly bolts stuffed through it, and with a hunk of chain as a leash, that totally tickles my fancy. For some reason, I can just imagine Keanu from "The Matrix" (resplendent in trenchcoat and shades) EC'ing down the hill on something like this. And you can bet he wouldn't get any sass in the lift line!

And "bollix" as in the Dog's Bollix pub in Auckland, is my peeps word for "the schizz". It pays to increase your word power!

:ices_ange

Sorry to burst your bubble, sweetie, but not all of us are giggly girly girls and like our snowboards with pink flowers on them. Certainly nobody would ever accuse me of that!

There's something about a board with some great ugly bolts stuffed through it, and with a hunk of chain as a leash, that totally tickles my fancy. For some reason, I can just imagine Keanu from "The Matrix" (resplendent in trenchcoat and shades) EC'ing down the hill on something like this. And you can bet he wouldn't get any sass in the lift line!

And "bollix" as in the Dog's Bollix pub in Auckland, is my peeps word for "the schizz". It pays to increase your word power!

Allee, hold on ! I met you last January at Stratton for Cheri's Girls Session and you're hardly "butch".The chick from BC rips !I'm still bummed we didn't show up at Shaggy's for dinner(had to drive back to Mt Snow with an impending snowstorm coming).btw, "That is the BALLS" is standard lingo here in Boston.I wish there were more women that weren't hiding behind makeup and perfume.I ride alot with a girl from Cali that rips on skiis and rides a Ducati and is anything BUT "butch". She drives a Nissan Titan and can belch on cue, very sexy.Then there's the kitesurfing chick :1luvu:

post-123-141842210487_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842210496_thumb.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble, sweetie, but not all of us are giggly girly girls and like our snowboards with pink flowers on them. There's something about a board with some great ugly bolts stuffed through it, and with a hunk of chain as a leash, that totally tickles my fancy.

:1luvu:OMG I'm in love. :1luvu:

razor2.jpg

razor1.jpg

There's something about a board with some great ugly bolts stuffed through it, and with a hunk of chain as a leash, that totally tickles my fancy.

Giggidy giggidy. All-right! :biggthump