Note to New Members ×

Where Is Coiler????

Linus

I'm trying to locate where Bruce makes his boards and want to order one......I've heard that his order is almost full for this season but I think if I bug him every week with a questions like "is my board ready yet???", or even grease his hand :) I think I could get my board quicker....:D .....

and also I want to demo other race board(I'm gonna get AM)that's if he has a board left over.....

hope somebody knows where he is.....

P.S Mr. Dave Morgan, if you can tell me where his shop is let me know.....

I wanted to see him in person because of the payment......I can't use my credit card or bank etc.....because if my family find out that I've got a new board then I'm in trouble.....I have to pay him CASH!!!.....I just got a new car without asking my fiancee or family and they took my credit cards and cheques........:o...man I know this is more like for 10 years old kid but what can I say.......:o

Originally posted by Linus

I wanted to see him in person because of the payment......I can't use my credit card or bank etc.....because if my family find out that I've got a new board then I'm in trouble.....I have to pay him CASH!!!.....I just got a new car without asking my fiancee or family and they took my credit cards and cheques........:o...man I know this is more like for 10 years old kid but what can I say.......:o

You could send a money order to Bruce that you got with your cash to pay for the board or a cashiers check. Either way, "they are money which is just as good as cash."

->Ben

Originally posted by Linus

I've heard that his order is almost full for this season but I think if I bug him every week with a questions like "is my board ready yet???", or even grease his hand :) I think I could get my board quicker.

Y'know, I'm not in the queue for a Coiler board right now, but if I was and I heard that Bruce had actually accepted "grease," I'd be somewhat ticked off--to the point of possibly cancelling my order. I'm sure Bruce is aware that several of his customers probably feel the same way, and if he has any integrity he won't accept your offer.

And if I were Bruce, a customer calling every week to bother me would not get preferential treatment. If you wanted your board earlier, you shoulda ordered it earlier.

On the other hand, your initial post might be in jest...

come on...I was joking.....GeoffG

you know....I've got a lot of freetime right now and

I was wondering where and how these boards are made....

so basically I wanted shoptour and since I have time to go

y not save my 7bucks on money order ....:D

bytheway, I don't think Bruce will accept the "grease".....

maybe....couple of HOT chicks with beer might do but I

wouldn't risk it.....:D

thx for all of your posts.....

In order to keep my mysterious reputation I try to avoid contact as much as possible.

Either that or when you do all the work yourself, its tough to keep things going unless you set aside certain times for administration and do it as quickly as possible. Email works best as I can collect and reply during the slow times of the day.

The way my scheduling works is at the beginning of the season I take the orders and leave a few spots open for several reasons. Mainly racing issues as sometimes things need to be changed to get the desired results . There is no real set rules for this other than I try to get any rider the most suitable board and sometimes things need to be changed especially at the higher levels where the small details really matter. Since the season starts in Sept for some of these riders I concentrate on getting those out first to get feedback on performance and durability of any new designs. Then I get to the long list of orders and yes, people do like to contact me to try to speed things up , naturally everyone wants their boards asap. There are two points of view here also. The riders point of view is" he said it would be ready in Dec so maybe it'll be ready in Nov!" The builders point of view. "Holy s**t I've got a lot of work here, I hope I get the Dec boards out before Jan" This season I took on too much in Oct but when I realized it, I adjusted by taking on a light Nov so by Dec I should be pretty close to being on schedule.

When doing a batch I can get certain boards out first and try to do this on an as needed basis. If some rider sold all his boards so he could get a new custom and has nothing but boots to ride, naturally he may get a little sympathy and get his out near the top of the batch. This is only a matter of a week or two difference the way things are scheduled though.

Of course people try to "grease" the deal on occasion and I don't hold it against anyone but I will not move people up the list for that reason. Certainly most people realize I try to build the best boards I can and the reason I try to keep them cheap is so all riders can have a chance at getting top equipment and don't have to be held back by financial reasons.

If I had a buck for every time someone told me to raise my price, I'd be driving a much nicer car right now and if I wanted to make real money I would be working in the financial sector. Since I have different goals, I'm going to stick with building the boards for the next while anyways.

The address on the website is my home address and I wonder how many guys drove past hoping to see a factory(-:

I have a small area to work in that I borrow from an associate for pretty much no charge other than a few favours so I can't beat that deal. At this point I still have several other income sources that keep me away from board building all year. I kind of want to keep it that way as even over the 7 or 8 months I build it gets real tiring as the way I assemble boards is very hands on and quite physically demanding day after day. The summers off ( partially now) really do wonders for my mental health and kiteboarding skills so you won't get me to part with that setup!

So if anyone really wants to know whatsup they can contact me at info@coiler.com or leave me a message as I do get back to people but sometimes it takes a bit.

Lets not pray for snow so I have more time;)

Mr Grumer:

Your board is in the same batch as Mr Buggs. However I forgot to mention in my previous babble that those weirdo boards usually take a bit longer as they require too much thinking which I am usually greatly opposed to. The heat from my brain sets the epoxy off too quickly!

Howz dat for un scientific responz.

It will be laminated in the next week approximately.

BV