Note to New Members ×

Ride boards

great point - i/we should add condition reporting .  Thank you to those who diligently provide accurate and update carving conditions.

Been using https://www.reddit.com/r/icecoast/ for condition check

it's chicken egg/ most ppl post most engagement but if no one post there are no engagement.

no one want to be seen like the crazy lone dancer:

Yeah ride boards seem to have been less active. I try and post when I am somewhere, but for example with MCC canceled most of the crew is in the PNW but no postings there. 

I have been wanting to put out a feeler for southern (and probably northern) California boards to see if anyone is interested in a slightly organized meet up like we used to do (Sierra Nevada Expression Session / SNES) but not sure I would have more than two people even see it. 

I have a feeling a lot of people have found Facebook groups, personal contacts, or other forms of communication, or just commit to being a lone wolf. 

Yeah I do.  It's true they're pretty quiet though. 

I think the Canadian ride boards could be fewer: one for Western Canada and one for Eastern Canada would be plenty.  I mean, Alberta is only two hours from here for example, and no one has posted in the Maritimes thread for four years now.

I love the ride board local focus idea but it's hard to gerrymander the districts.  I'm closer to Schweitzer, Whitefish and Nakiska than I am to Whistler, but of those four only Whistler is in my district.  I suspect that there would be action if the districts were bigger.  

@Jack M

• Like 1

@big mario lurks on the Southwest Northeast, in particular the "Mountain Creek" thread.  Dreaming of the homeland I bet. And riding at The Mall...

I check if I'm gonna be in a particular part of the country.  If something sounds fun I have no ploblem inviting myself.  When I'm in CO on a Sunday, I'm at Lovey with the LCI.  I know the secret handshake and everything. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I read them occasionally and appreciate the content. I tend to focus on the ones in the Pac NW region, Or, if I happen to be traveling to another area, I'll for sure check in with any reports that might be active. I feel like I went to the ride boards more when they were more active. I don't often make a comment, but should do so more, as I appreciate the info and hearing people's stories/impressions.

• Like 1