Note to New Members ×

UPZ Canada?

martock_carver

1 hour ago, martock_carver said:

Apologies if it's been asked (didn't find a thread about this in a search), but has anyone had any luck contacting UPZ Canada or Dan Yoja?

Would like to order some replacement heels and toes for my RC 10s but the site is down for maintenance:

https://upzboots.com/

He's in BC.  Try giving him a call?

UPZ BOOTS North America
Dan YOJA
Box 475
Osoyoos, BC
CANADA V0H 1V0
TEL / FAX 001 250 495 3388
yoja@upzboots.com
www.upzboots.com

• Like 2

Unfortunately Dan won't be answering calls or emails. In case I'm not at liberty to say, I'm not going to give the reason why here.

All I will say is that his wife is tracking calls and emails on his behalf, and that there's plans of someone else taking over for Dan.

I was told to send emails to upzboots@gmail.com

Edited by martock_carver
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

• 3 weeks later...

In a case like this, when nobody seems to have an answer, I look to the spirit world.  

So, I lit some incense, held a séance and consulted the all knowing Ouija Board.

The response was "two weeks".  For what it's worth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All,

I am pleased with the genuine outpouring of compassion (and the spot of Kennan’s humor) from the vast majority of posts on this topic of UPZ NA but I am honor-bound to address an issue.  Accordingly, I will quickly address the issue and then I will provide factual updates to ease concerns and restore confidence in UPZ NA.

My point of consideration is only directed at one specific post.  Although members of our forum knew the facts about this sad situation, one can see in their posts that they respectfully declined to blurt out what happened to the individual or suggest the  cessation of said individual’s distributorship. To be direct, please honor the legacy of an individual, be respectful and carefully consider the hurtful impacts of words upon grieving survivors and their business.  We all make mistakes so let’s consider that resolved and move forward in friendship.

And now, here is your factual update.  The UPZ North American distributorship has been transferred to another individual with hard and soft boot experience.  Transfer of any business is time-consuming, thus the delay.  The website and Instagram account is forecast to be relaunched within the next few weeks.  @Keenan, you called it, in your own unique and distinctive way.  This year presents an outstanding and unique opportunity for UPZ NA customers as orders placed within a specific time frame after the relaunch will be filled and delivered more rapidly than ever.  We’re talking just the time for the order to be filled by UPZ in Austria, clear customs, air ship to the US-based new distributor and be shipped to customers.  This alone should grab everyone’s attention.  

2024 models will be unchanged from 2023 models, thus there is no need to wait until March to order next year’s models.

Opportunities for boot fitting at various resorts across the United States are being planned by UPZ North America.  

More to follow as information becomes available.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Wow, I’m really sorry to hear this. I met Dan in BC once many years ago and he was a real one. 

I will say that I am not exactly pleased with what has happened in this thread. No one needs to have anything announced if they do not wish to do so. But if that is the approach, then speculation is what naturally happens, and that is fine too. There is no need to retcon based on the incomplete information available to people at the time. I directed two people to UPZ this fall who reported back to me that it seemed I had sent them to a non-responsive company. I was embarrassed and assumed Dan was shutting it down. I’m glad that’s not the case, but there’s no need to cover up the uncertainty that happened in the meantime. 

Cheers to Dan. I hope he’s got a bluebird day up there somewhere. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Dan was helpful when I was looking at UPZ boots, ultimately giving me some good advice on my potential purchase, even though it wasn't through him directly.  

I understand his widow has a new kitten that she is fond of and wonder if any would be interested in contributing to a gift card at one of the Canadian online pet stores?  I would be happy to facilitate.  I am not suggesting any extravagant amount but if everyone chipped in a buck or three, it might make a nice gesture?  If you're interested, I can PM my email which is good for either PayPal or email money transfer.  

Let me know if there's interest and we can set a deadline of a week or so, not to drag it out.  

• Like 2