Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have 5 boxes of perogies in the freezer.The Wachusett Century Pass deal for $199 expires on 9/14 and it's only an extra $50 after that until 10/30.

Big Bob, we'll have to compare notes on Naples on the chairlift this winter. We used to jump off the Naples bridge on 302 alot when the Songo River Queen would cross from Long Lake over to Brandy Pond on the way to Sebago through the locks. They let us run down the middle of the bridge and leap off when it turned sideways.Ever take a ride in a seaplane there ? Maine rocks ! :biggthump

post-123-141842219182_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842219184_thumb.jpg

enough of one to knock a drunk teenager out of his boat................

the next step from that is trying to hit it on a kneeboard or a wake skate

you know in the mid 90s there was a rash of peoples floats getting sunk on long lake and sebago.

one day on our way through the locks on our way to sebago I was fishing a caught a duck on yozuri, proof that not only bass like yozuries I guess.

wakeboarding at night is some scary stuff, ohh the memories

My friend just bought Harry's(the guy that own that little board shop in naples) boat, pretty nice setup, now terrorizing long lake in nightly raids this week.

I would be there if I did not have some crazy family stuff going on at the moment.

a rash of peoples floats getting sunk on long lake and sebago? what kind of floats ?

My dad and I watched the original Songo River Queen torch itself at 3 am on the way back to the farmhouse from my dad's old bar "The Roadhouse", ever hear about that ? I think they caught the punks that set it ablaze.

Just to keep on topic with this thread: if you're 14 years old and horny, there's an abundance of girls camps all over these shores and lots of bored little rich girls. All you need is a small boat and some cheap beer....and a waterproof flashlight. :1luvu:

or put up if they are too cheap a build a dock for their boat

FYI the ones with the slides are top heavy so they are much easier to flip, often just a close pass or a bump with a boat doing about 40.

yes, lots of bored rich girls also some easier to score with WT.

Perogies are Polish, too? They're good old Ukrainian food around here.

Most of the Poles I know state they are Polish-they're also the featured food of THE ONLY Polish restaurant I've seen in TX-second billing to kelbasa, of course....

I've been meaning to stop and eat there....it's out of place in the Korean/Mexican neighborhood my hospital's in....

I went with the other half to his faimly reunion a few weeks ago. The "family" is descended from Polish immigrants to Montreal in the 1930's, and they had some pretty good food there. Heaps of perogies - and don't dare say they're Ukranian! There was other stuff that I can't remember the names of, but the cabbage roll things were damn good and so were the crepe things that you ate with cream and raspberries ... yum.

It seems to me that the only difference between Ukranian food and Polish food is the where you put the accent when you pronounce the name. At least that's the only difference I could tell...

allee has it right. Although you can just say its from eastern europe. We had them in Russia. Only difference is how you pronounce it and each region has their own variation of a perogie.

I want some now!!! Living off peanut butter and fluff till we completly move in to our apartment. Nice n healthy.

the crepe things that you ate with cream and raspberries ... yum.

Blintzes. Yummy! At least that's the Yiddish word for them. They call them that at the Polish restaurants in NYC.

Its funny how many cultures have similar foods and call them different things.

Potstickers=Kreplach=Ravioli=Gyoza=Dumpling=Perogi=Klosse=Samosa

Blintz=Crepe=MuShu=??

I know there are lots more...

You just can't go past the good old Aussie meat pie. Mmmmmmm.

Mmmmm, yum!

The Great Aussie Meat Pie Recipie

Dan, when I was in NZ we lived off of these! I don't like the mutton ones...tasted funny. But the other ones were pretty darn good!

The landscaping company across the street here serves Aussie Tucker Pies. Sound familiar?

Landscaping company serving pies?? I guess that makes sense, I will have to check with my local Marie Calenders to see if they will mow my lawn.

Can I get a Tucker Pie made with Vegemite?? When I was in NSW, the family I stayed with every morning just lathered on the vegemite on their toast, eggs, griddle cakes, whatever they were having for breakfast. They piled the vegemite on at lunch too. That stuff is nasty!! The Aussies say that you acquire a taste for it, not me, ever!!

Hi Michelle!!

Aaron

I dunno about the Aussie meat pies. Legally, you guys are allowed to put emu and camel in them... (seriously!)

One of the funniest things I ever saw on TV was a news article where they tested the meat pies in Melbourne. Most of them failed the meat test and the worst were the ones that you get at the football. They had the CEO of the AFL on camera and they said "so what do you think of that?" and he said "we don't give a rats a$$", and takes a huge bite out of the pie in his hand...

Michelle, I dunno that the meat pies that you get in NZ are much better. I hope you didn't buy the ones from the gas station ... they're just nasty ... but some you get at bakeries are really good. They have a pie contest every year, a bakery in Napier won it this year, and as luck would have it, I'm going to Napier when I go home next week. Guess I'll have to stop by!

And yes, I do miss Vegemite. My animals miss it too, they all love it, even my Canadian born cats. They did a study on feeding Vegemite to animals, and apparently it reduces the rate of kidney and liver failure by about 50%. Go figure...

Its funny how many cultures have similar foods and call them different things.

Potstickers=Kreplach=Ravioli=Gyoza=Dumpling=Perogi=Klosse=Samosa

Blintz=Crepe=MuShu=??

I know there are lots more...

We have a cultural festival every year, different people have pavilions and sell the typical dishes. The local radio DJs say "spot the cultural perogie" as nearly every one has some form of potato dumpling.

As far as meat pie - being that my Dad's from the UP I'm going to go with the Pasty. Mmmmm, pasties, noblest of the meat pies.

Landscaping company serving pies?? I guess that makes sense, I will have to check with my local Marie Calenders to see if they will mow my lawn.

hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did think it a bit strange when Michelle pointed that out to me when I visited the Bomber factory, but hey, if it works....

Can I get a Tucker Pie made with Vegemite?? When I was in NSW, the family I stayed with every morning just lathered on the vegemite on their toast, eggs, griddle cakes, whatever they were having for breakfast. They piled the vegemite on at lunch too. That stuff is nasty!! The Aussies say that you acquire a taste for it, not me, ever!!

Oh Vegemite is awesome. One of the greatest hangover remedies known to man. Hot white bread toast with lots of butter and vegemite. Mmmmm, yum.

It definately is an acquired taste, but it's also damned funny watching Americans smear it on their toast like it is peanut butter. No Aussie eats it that thick!