Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should say... Knit 1-Z... I have got to find me one of these...

Hahaha...oh how I have been laughing...brilliant...no half measured photos here, front and back shots....:lol::lol:

I am, in fact, a very good knitter:eek:, slow but good...I note this onesy has 'cable' stitch where the aid of a third but very short double-pointed needle is used...I also see besides stocking stitch, moss stitch..most noticeable on the front legs..

yes, I can take commissions..send your measurements, colour choice...are you allergic to wool?, would you like to look more like a bunny rabbit:p and perhaps go for the fluffy Angora or mohair wool...if for spring fresh days I would suggest unlined for air venting purposes:D...one last thing I'd need a copy of the pattern...

Knitting CV as follows:

Have carried out commissions in the past, mohair was popular then

I work with natural and synthetic fibres...including silky ribbons...which can be woven through the middle of a cable stitch in a beautifully contrasting colour..that helps catch the eye of onlookers..in case the garment its too plain

Been knitting for 25 years, last garment I used shetland wool.

Pictures and references upon request...

What a hoot...:biggthump:biggthump

Edited by floBoot

That knit onesy is brilliant, but you'd have to be going out into something fierce to want to start layering from there! I think I'd spec a dropseat or 180-degree fly in mine. Oh - and merino wool so I could actually get it buttoned up before going berserk scratching.

One can pose as anything... Try the rastafanarian coupon-clipper (as in bonds, not groceries) look: grunged-out Arcteryx, lots of wool and duct-tape, felted hair (no plasticy helets, thank you) and omnipresent earbuds (the electro-bubble).

That knit onesy is brilliant, but you'd have to be going out into something fierce to want to start layering from there! I think I'd spec a dropseat or 180-degree fly in mine. Oh - and merino wool so I could actually get it buttoned up before going berserk scratching.

One can pose as anything... Try the rastafanarian coupon-clipper (as in bonds, not groceries) look: grunged-out Arcteryx, lots of wool and duct-tape, felted hair (no plasticy helets, thank you) and omnipresent earbuds (the electro-bubble).

were you bored today or have you done this before..such practical detail...as I would never have thought of a 'dropseat', let alone all the other stuff..oh how the mind boggles :eek:....

I think you own more than one onesy:biggthump

Edited by floBoot

were you bored today (yes)

or have you done this before..such practical detail (no, but I'm an engineer and climber, and have had a long time to think about it)

...as I would never have thought of a 'dropseat', (**** in the woods once, in the cold, or in a grubby overheated or freezing restroom, in a hurry, and you will think longingly of one)..

let alone all the other stuff..oh how the mind boggles :eek:.... (you're welcome - I have always enjoyed a good boggling myself).

I think you own more than one onesy:biggthump

I own exactly one 20-odd year-old onesy, in a tasteful red and black, I'll have you know. Without a dropseat. That still fits. Sort of... I currently ride in a pair of North Face bibs that have a full leg/seat zipper with four sliders on it. It works as leg zips and as a dropseat, and I can park the middle pair of sliders where my back foot Fintec binding release dongle sticks out or leave it in the center where it will keep me awake on the chairlift.

OhD said, “...*and you will think longingly of one)...“

Hahaha.....:p

I remember a camping trip, the weather was atrocious (summer in Scotland) cold, storms and a northerly wind... I came to think longingly of the tent..due to the warmth and protection it offered....but I don't think I could be persuaded on your suggestion...;)

although you say you're an engineer...you didn't say what type...;)

I think you're a mind control engineer...I mean look at your list of negatives, of not having such a convenience in a onesy..:biggthump.who are you trying to persuade:rolleyes:

That one piece is absolutely the freakin' funniest thing I have seen in a looooong long time. I guess we know who has been posing as Sasquatch or Yeti or whatevers ya'll call him "over there". Sweeet......The Interweb certainly has it's positive moments. I wish I could say I know what I want for X-mas.....How did I get here? Peace All

That one piece is absolutely the freakin' funniest thing I have seen in a looooong long time. I guess we know who has been posing as Sasquatch or Yeti or whatevers ya'll call him "over there". Sweeet......The Interweb certainly has it's positive moments. I wish I could say I know what I want for X-mas.....How did I get here? Peace All

Come-on tell us who has done the modelling?:biggthump

..what will this general onesy fashion trending do next...hmmmm......matching diapers, mittens and dummy covers:biggthump

There's some guy I VERY, VERY VAGUELY know and through conversations I've had with him, i'm sure he's got 'adult baby syndrome':eek:

He is the first person I know of to mention a onesy....about 3 years ago but he called it something else and described by the analogy of a baby-grow...however, along with another couple of vague references to other things .....:freak3:...I concluded he must be a member of a special group to have obtained such a garment for an adult:eek:

Hence my rather avante-garden fashion sense of accessories to follow:biggthump

I know this onesy trend is slightly ironic :p ...but as the saying goes 'each to their own':biggthump

although you say you're an engineer...you didn't say what type...;)

I think you're a mind control engineer...:rolleyes:

No comment.:cool:

Onesies used to be called "powder suits" and were (still are) great on a deep day. Warm, too (for better or for worse).

Sorry my man brain is telling me to do this.... But sounds like you haven't met a right man...

Haha..certainly some truth in what you say...;)

Fortunately, I'm just one of those people who doesn't mind being single...there are people who are in relationships and are not happy, lonely, settle for 2nd best..etc..of course there's the opposite too...:p

I hear far too many people whinging about their other 'halves'...I just switch off.:freak3:

I'm not like most people: wanting kids etc..knew that from a young age. I am just not cut out for all that family life stuff...:rolleyes:

...I have always refused to succumb to peer pressure, expectations of a female...at least I'm true to who I am ...:)

I would much rather be up a mountain, snowboarding any day..it really is such fun:biggthump

...i was told I was 'hardcore' yesterday...as I'm out in any conditions I can stand upright in...well to someone like me that was taken as a compliment...hahaha:p

Edited by floBoot

Leeho, no need for apology, absolutely no offence taken..:)

I'm a bit of a stubborn, odd-ball that doesn't in general, go along with main stream society, so I've always expected to live slightly differently to most people...:p

Anyway, I still wish you well, once you have moved..

:biggthump

floBoot: ..."I came to think longingly of the tent..due to the warmth and protection it offered."

Here's a suggestion: Put a U-shaped zipper opening in your tent floor, pack a shovel and always camp on plenty of snow... Keep yourself warm and cozy, and ensure that the riff-raff won't beg to go camping with you again.

floBoot: ..."I came to think longingly of the tent..of the warmth and protection it offered."

Here's a suggestion: Put a U-shaped zipper opening in your tent floor, pack a shovel and always camp on plenty of snow... Keep yourself warm and cozy, and ensure that the riff-raff won't beg to go camping with you again.

OhD, your practical thinking shines through...:p...trouble is I was the riff-raff in the group...the folk I was with were a well-off bunch from Oxfordshire and Henley...one of them was my rather well-off boyfriend at the time...:rolleyes:...

...what can I say..education, intelligence and money doesn't necessarily give people honesty and integrity...needless to say...the tent lost its appeal...hahaha....;)

IanM,I was thinking of building an indoor luge type track but my Christmas present of a bucket and pack of snow( just add water) only does 2 litres,...so a carpet track of some kind could be an option...so what is your carpet skeleton thing then?

:biggthump

Edited by floBoot

• 2 months later...

Yes post traumatic stress syndrome caused by ohd and his onesie onslaught. I've been in therapy for 3 months. I thought I was over it and went shopping, one day to see the world had moved on and onesies were being sold everywhere. They're even having a onesie day on the slopes in Scotland.I can't bear it anymore and I feel there's a conspiracy to drive me insane.:smashfreak:

My other half, who is as sharp as a razor, thinks that I haven't been in therapy but that i've been looking for a new love. He's checked my emails and telepathically told me, that on Ebay I put in a bid for an f2 silberpfeil. I couldn't deny it and said, telepathically, it is true that he will be hung on the wall whilst I elope on the slope with my new beau.

Yes my psychiatrist said I also had shiny new snowboard syndrome:biggthump

Wow, what a great pic!

Secretly, that is my intention....hmmm...maybe just 20feet in the air though. I was out with my kite last Sunday, learning to fly it. Wind was gusty and I had some magical 4feet jumps. I chickened out of going higher, as it was the first time i've got the kite airborne...yaay...:lol:

Is that you in the clouds bordy?

Edited by floBoot

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, what a great pic!

Secretly, that is my intention....hmmm...maybe just 20feet in the air though. I was out with my kite last Sunday, learning to fly it. Wind was gusty and I had some magical 4feet jumps. I chickened out of going higher, as it was the first time i've got the kite airborne...yaay...:lol:

Is that you in the clouds bordy?

Yes it is, keep practicing!!

• 3 weeks later...