Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

I'm taking the day off. I'm not sick or anything, but I am meeting with the banker and having a house inspected. In the next couple of weeks I'm actually gonna be a homeowner.

I moved in with my brother a little over two years ago and since he found a wife... So now I live with them...

I cannot wait until this deal goes through.

Great work Pebu. Congrats!

As for me, don't have time to get up to anything particularly exciting because I'm up to my eyeballs working. So the weekends are relax and do nothing (and get accosted by the other half for doing so) time.

Going to Norway next weekend to see some friends though which should be fun. Also visiting my aunt who is renowned for her awesome wine cellar.....:rolleyes:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm moving to Reno.

I graduated on the 18th, and left from Boston on the 23rd (last Friday). So far my cactus and I have been to Niagara Falls, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, and Salt Lake City.

Favorites of the trip:

-South Dakota/Wyoming area [rt 16 by Mt. Rushmore] we saw wild mustangs galloping right next to our road

-Saw a Bison just east of Yellowstone chewing grass on the side of the road

-My car almost got hit by a tumbleweed crossing the salt flats from Salt Lake City to Wendover (where I am now- border of Utah and Nevada)

Cool Photos:

-I got one of my cactus on my skateboard under the Montana state sign this morning

-amazing sunset over Lake Michigan from Portage, Indiana with a view of Chicago

Rest of the trip: tomorrow get to Reno, Sat rest/walk around Tahoe area, Sun Sonoma County drive/Redwoods/beach sunset with friends from grade school and my first college, Mon San Francisco and send off my road trip companion back to Boston

:ices_ange Yeah.... life can be hard sometimes

post-1341-141842258219_thumb.jpg

post-1341-141842258223_thumb.jpg

congratulations ski puppy. tumbleweed's not that bad to hit. they're actually fun to aim for on the highway back home in new mexico.

Not too bad to hit. But they do scare the holy crap out of you if you are in deer country and catch that peripheral movement at night.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nothing like a big shot of adrenaline to keep you awake another hour.

Congrats on graduating Tonja. Sounds like it is congratulations all over this page.

I'm jealous of the road trip. Haven't done a good one in a while. Must be getting old.

Don't worry about the tumbleweed. Better to hit that than a kangaroo....:eek::freak3:

Congrats on graduating. The end is finally in sight for me, and now I'm thinking about picking up another major and staying in school a bit longer... then I think about how many snowboards I could buy with what I pay for just one quarter at my school, and I wonder if maybe I should just take my diploma and run next year.

Awww thanks guys :-)

I'm at home in Reno right now and Sunday we finish the trip to the Sonoma County coast. I have no clue what I am doing jobwise though... or even where. I will be a ski instructor to get it out of my system and make sure I don't regret it later on. It's the only thing I've known I needed to do since I was seven.

Dan I might take you up on that. are you and wife in the UK for the summer?

Yep, here all summer long.

If you are serious about coming over, you are welcome to stay. We have a spare room (a real luxury in London) which is open on a first come first served basis. BOL buddies welcome.

I could go for an icy cold adult beverage. It's sunny out, the grass was just cut... Then again it is 10:23AM and I am at work...

I'm signing away half my life tomorrow. I'll officially be a homeowner. I only say half of my life because it's a fairly small place and affording it shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

Yep, here all summer long.

If you are serious about coming over, you are welcome to stay. We have a spare room (a real luxury in London) which is open on a first come first served basis. BOL buddies welcome.

I am serious of course :)

what does the either the second to last or last week of august look like for you two?

email me!

I have a wedding on the 30th of August, so I'll be in the east for a few days. If you plan it then, I can come too :)

Did I tell ya how amazing Mexico was in May??? Oh, to be back there and out of the snow (it's snowing AGAIN today).

Thinking about going to Brazil in the fall. Anyone been/know anyone?