Note to New Members ×

Rad Air/Winterstick Collab

Jack M

On 8/24/2023 at 2:47 AM, BlueB said:

The little "horns" on the tail are unnecessary and can cause some troubles, I think. 

I'm guessing the tail shape is the negative of the nose shape.  If you're concerned about wearing down the horns, just lay the board down on the bindings and watch people be inconvenienced or tripped by your big 191 in the way. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:47 AM, BlueB said:

This is so mouth-watering! 

I need one with 24 waist, like the old 190. 

The little "horns" on the tail are unnecessary and can cause some troubles, I think. 

Maybe, but our protos and the builds from other factories in past years seem to be holding up well. 
what I can tell you for a fact is they’re really gorgeous and the construction is top notch. All qiso carbon and a good amount of rubber in there. I haven’t ridden one yet but I can give that report when I do! 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 12:47 AM, BlueB said:

This is so mouth-watering! 

I need one with 24 waist, like the old 190. 

No issues with both prototypes and as @Jack M noticed it is a replication of nose shape…added benefit of the points is it has deflected a few idiots who ran their skis and boards over the tail.

cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueB said:

spacer.png

@Jack M IDK, didnt work this time too. 

Feel free to delete this post, so we don't spam the thread. 

Other Media -> Insert image from URL

These are all big boys' boards though. Winterstick is changing though, will be interested to see what Seth comes out with and hope I'll get to ride some. If they do small ones 😉

Edited by philw

21 minutes ago, philw said:

These are all big boys' boards though. Winterstick is changing though, will be interested to see what Seth comes out with and hope I'll get to ride some. If they do small ones 😉

Seth has his signature model in 5 sizes from 145 to 161.  3 wide versions are available.  Each got 3cm shorter overall with the new CK style tail, running length remains as before.

He also had his hand in the design of several other models.  There is also a women's model, the Tantra.

https://www.winterstick.com/collections/snowboards

• Like 2

Phil, the roundtail and swallowtail are good candidates for you… you’re a pow guy IIRC? 

1 minute ago, bobdea said:

Phil, the roundtail and swallowtail are good candidates for you… you’re a pow guy IIRC? 

2 minutes ago, bobdea said:

Still not letting me attach…. Given I’m on a beta OS maybe that’s the issue? 

1 hour ago, bobdea said:

Mostly, but I carve hardpack pretty much the same. The Seth Pro looks most interesting. I'm generally pleased that they saved the brand and are making a niche for it.

I'm sceptical of STs in the sort of powder I ride, but if Seth has a spare small one hanging around this season I'll happily see if I can get some shots of it ripping. If it does 😉 

On 8/29/2023 at 5:30 PM, philw said:

Mostly, but I carve hardpack pretty much the same. The Seth Pro looks most interesting. I'm generally pleased that they saved the brand and are making a niche for it.

I'm sceptical of STs in the sort of powder I ride, but if Seth has a spare small one hanging around this season I'll happily see if I can get some shots of it ripping. If it does 😉 

Don’t be scared to size up with swallow tails! They’re all nose and even 183 feels like a 150 or something on hard snow. 
where are you? There are demo boards kicking around…. 

On 8/29/2023 at 4:51 PM, Jack M said:

Probably.  Or it could be a pebkac issue. 😉

Well, I’ve worked this before so if it’s the human aspect I’m going to have my kid program my VCR as well