Note to New Members ×

Intuition SBC Wrap Liners?

barryj

I have these in my MS boots and it is one of the best liner that I used as I like the taller liners especially in MS boots. MS boot shells tends to be higher and it has "rear wing" for more support. 

I don't know how it is with other boot manufactures but i bet it will look very tall.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, barryj said:

"SBC WRAP liners were developed with Coach Mark Fawcett and elite athletes from the Canada Snowboard National Team"

Anybody tried these???

I mean, Damn... Mark Fawcett Is Tha MAN!!   How could they not help!!

https://intuitionliners.com/shop/sbc-wrap/

Barry,

I tried them in my Ion StepOn and Driver Xs and they are great support but I just could not get used to the added height and how it impacted my riding.

IMG_2894.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys.

I would love to try the SBC's but I went ahead and bought another pair of Power Wraps because they were available here and already got them molded.  I'll downgrade my old Power Wraps to my Pow boots.  :biggthump

11 hours ago, svr2 said:

just could not get used to the added height and how it impacted my riding.

First time I heard this from somebody else. I don’t like too tall boots either. I intentionally cut back wings and lower tongues on my last pair.

• Like 2

There were a couple pairs in the For Sale section. I just got a pair a couple days ago for my MS boots, will mold them in the fall. 

For hard boots the only issue with height is that the liner has to fit over my calves, which can be uncomfortable at the very top. Otherwise my legs don’t flex between my ankles and knees…..

On 5/10/2023 at 5:10 AM, svr2 said:

Barry,

I tried them in my Ion StepOn and Driver Xs and they are great support but I just could not get used to the added height and how it impacted my riding.

IMG_2894.jpeg

Im interested in the SBC wrap in a softboot set up like you have.

Im curious what you didnt like about them and how they affected your riding differently? Very hard to find reviews on these.

Thank you

On 5/15/2023 at 10:06 AM, Ksno said:

Im interested in the SBC wrap in a softboot set up like you have.

Im curious what you didnt like about them and how they affected your riding differently? Very hard to find reviews on these.

Thank you

It adds two-3 inches more boot around your calves and makes heel-toe leaning feel restricted for me and also made it much harder to get the speed laces tight…might be better with Boa for the tighter fit but the extra height made my riding feel inhibited.

hope that helps. If I was to buy another set of intuition liners I would get the dream liners.

I have them in my primary softboot set up(ride insanos).   I have Intuition wrap liners in my other boots as well(power wraps & 2 sets of plugs).    for me, they only add about 1.5" of extra height over my other intuition liners, so height isnt an issue.     with that said, I do like them & recommend them.   They have good support.     They are not super stiff like the power wraps, but work real well with stiff outers like the Insano & Thraxis.     

• Like 1

I've had the same SBC liner now into a 3rd boot (must be like 5-6 years).  Here's a video with an UPZ RC10 boot (it's now in an UPZ RCR).

You can see that it gives a few more inches over the cuff.  Probably two more inches than the standard liner.  I've added some loops to the liner and fitted the Shoxxter strap while putting a Booster strap around the cuff.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:10 PM, yamifumi said:

I have these in my MS boots and it is one of the best liner that I used as I like the taller liners especially in MS boots. MS boot shells tends to be higher and it has "rear wing" for more support. 

I don't know how it is with other boot manufactures but i bet it will look very tall.

Got the same config with custom insoles. Still not 100% happy after all the money/time spend.

Might want to ditch SBC Wraps for something comfier.

19 hours ago, TLN said:

Got the same config with custom insoles. Still not 100% happy after all the money/time spend.

Might want to ditch SBC Wraps for something comfier.

Thanks for suggestion but contrary to others, SBC is great. I have about 120 days on them and still good. I prefer the tall built. I have some pieces of yoga mat for added hold and works like magic. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

Anyone use Zipfits with MS boots? Curious which ones fit with their height. The Sidewinder? I was thinking of trying Zips, but my local bootfitters don’t have much experience with them and they too expensive to be a guinea pig. 😆

Zips work in most boots. I can help if you need but the basics are….. if you get a liner with less cork it’s a lot easier to add some than remove it……. If you run a super tight (plug) fit or have an extreme volume foot they have a model specifically for that application.