Note to New Members ×

Lift Ticket Prices

west carven

It was $98 for me and my two children to access the beginner area at Ski Sundown in Connecticut 2 weekends ago. 2 magic carpets(one is only like 50ft) and 1 small lift. That’s only for 4 hours too.

The following day Mount Snow in Vermont nabbed me for $140 at the window for a day ticket. I hate it that they can charge you full price when the entire resort isn’t open. I think I learned my lesson and will fork out the extra dollars for passes next year regardless of this season being low snow. 

Oh and Mount Snow also charges $7 for a PBR 16oz can at the Corinthia base.

Without season pass it is pretty much insanity everywhere. 4-5 visits pay for the pass. That’s why I keep 3 different. A bunch of resorts don’t take cash. I was pretty much told I can wipe ass with my dollars. Rather strange, American currency in an American resorts, but don’t let me started.

9 hours ago, st_lupo said:

Crap,  I’m pretty sure in the early 90’s a Vail ticket was sub $100.  That’s almost twice the price adjusted for inflation.

I worked at Snowmass in the late 80’s for a short while.  I had the employee pass but I mentioned how expensive the lift tickets were to another lift attendant.  I think they were $47-48.  He told me “No they’re not expensive to our customers; these customers are upset the tickets are not an even $50 or $100 because they don’t want change back.”  It was a different world.  Not sure if that was true but when you’re loading people on lifts from Colombia and they have Ferrari jackets on, I guess that made sense at the time.