Note to New Members ×

"Doubledeck" softboot plate system!?

Jarcode

spacer.png

Seems like someone got inspired from alpine snowboard plates to experiment with it for freestyle use. Their claims are all over the place about this thing (and this prototype is affixed to the board?), but it's an interesting direction if they're proposing this has a competitive edge.

Claimed to operate on some "patented superslide railsystem".

Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, Jarcode said:

spacer.png

Seems like someone got inspired from alpine snowboard plates to experiment with it for freestyle use. Their claims are all over the place about this thing (and this prototype is affixed to the board?), but it's an interesting direction if they're proposing this has a competitive edge.

Claimed to operate on some "patented superslide railsystem".

Thoughts?

Interesting to see Terje endorse it.

Also interesting to see Terje using Now O-drives since he is no longer with the big B.

The combination of the plate and skatetech seems counter productive to me but I am not an engineer so might be pretty effective.

Edited by svr
Typo

I saw that as well earlier this week and was thinking the same, it looks like the first apline plates.     I would think this will fade away pretty fast.  

They don't show the hardware.

Imagine the added weight as it's pretty big vs an 19 cm waist race board and it did add quite a bit of weight.    The lost of the ability to pedal "twist" the board.     

Seems like Terje isn't the hot commodity he used to be in the snowboard world.    He is still a hell of a rider.

Well, IIRC the only reason the same plates we use didn’t get adopted in BX had to do with some old guy showing up with one and smoking everyone (palm?) so a couple other athletes bitched to FIS.

it makes a fair amount of sense! Just, the weight seems like a hard sell in that market. 

• Like 2

hi,

i was looking at this last week as well

here is the full article about it:

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/11/28/double-decker-snowboard/

https://www.ispo.com/en/promotion/new-snowboard-technology-doubledeck-snowboards

in ISPO take on this, they say it benefits freestyle, carving and makes snowboard an easy entry for a beginner.

how it is possible that it benefits all these groups.

I am sure though it will be marketed as a revolutionary, completely new system to snowboarding, never seen before...