Note to New Members ×

Recovering Burton Boy

Jack M

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill

Ah, Vuarnet - the Oakley of the 80s. Are they even still in business?

Actually those are Oakley Frogskins that my friend Drew is sporting. I would later own the purple-lensed variant to match the purple Burton pants you can't see in that picture. Drew and I were quite the duo back in the day. At Loon (site of the picture), those outfits scored us a date at the Lincoln movie theater with some cute chicks scoping us out from the chairlift, brokered by their ski instructor. I think I got to first base.

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

Actually those are Oakley Frogskins that my friend Drew is sporting.

Doh! Should have spotted those, I used to have a pair. Anyways, just for yucks I googled and Vuarnet is still very much in business. Still making those same semi-horn-rim jobbies they used to, as well as a bunch of more modern looking styles.

Man, that's a bitchin' head band dude, were you guys like gonna head to the mall afterwards? I bet the babes were lining up for you guys. :D

Lets see....when that picture was taken my first daughter was just born, I'd just bought my first house 2 years earlier and I was 8 years into my first marriage...wow how time fly's :eek:

Nice pic Jack, really,

Paul

NMU - sadly, I think the headband has found a wormhole to that parallel dimension of lost crap.

ar( - see my above post, the outfits worked!

Rob - We were a team! To be fair, I bought my jacket after him.

Noah - hmmmm... good idea! (maybe just one day)

Bryan - not sure why you'd want to (read: what are you, some kind of weirdo?), but have at it. ;)

ncermak- Excellent idea- A "Retro Race" could be a part of any snowboarding event (and will be if I have my way).

Jack. Thanks! If I print a glossy 8X10 will you sign it for me??

PS. Look for some galleries of the "Donner Legends Race" soon. Some pretty cool old school shots. MJ is wearing the exact same hat as your bro in the race.

Yeah, I had that board, so I got the headband to match. Wish I still had it, but I had to sell it back then to fund my next board purchase (PJ7 - still have that). The Safari is a classic. If I had a beater car I'd paint it that scheme.

Now it is just deciding which one?

Burton is offering the graphics on new boards too if you like.

Wouldn't be too hard to put similar graphics on your favorite currnet ride to get that "Safari" feeling!! Burton Safari's Line Up

Remember Jack: First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem :o