Note to New Members ×

Loon Mtns. 8 Person Kanc8 Lift is Superfluous!

barryj

It is just over the top!  Heated seats, automatic restraint bar, automatic drop down canopy cover, etc, etc.    It takes twice as many people faster to the same exact spot on the mtn. as the old 4 person detachable quad..........and from what I saw today just makes already crowded slopes Over Crowded.............just saying!

Yes........I reluctantly rode it.

https://www.facebook.com/1190169011/videos/1509885882744605/ 

Edited by barryj

On 12/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, barryj said:

It is just over the top!  Heated seats, automatic restraint bar, automatic drop down canopy cover, etc, etc.    It takes twice as many people faster to the same exact spot on the mtn. as the old 4 person detachable quad..........and from what I saw today just makes already crowded slopes Over Crowded.............just saying!

Yes........I reluctantly rode it.

https://www.facebook.com/1190169011/videos/1509885882744605/ 

Very sorry to hear that as our biggest fear is being hit by another boarder or skier as there are just way to many on the slopes who are unconscious, don’t know or don’t care about slope ediquette (sp?), go way to fast and have minimal control!

Reminds me of all the hyped benefits of just in time delivery but when there is a problem it is unmanageable . Check out the Kimberley chair lift fire in British Columbia to see what you are in store for if mechanical problems hit the chair that provides the only access to your mountain. My local bump got rid of 5 t-bars over the last few years so now waiting is the only option. Does not seem to matter much this year since we have no snow and only one beginner run open.  (etiquette) you almost had it !

Thanks for the spelling, Lowrider. 
When boarding on my home mt, Crystal Mt, WA, I try to be one of the first on the lift, i e. 8:30-8:45ish and when I begin to feel the pressure of being hit, i.e. 10:30-11:00ish,  after 10 pretty quick laps on a couple of different lifts, riding a couple of different boards, I head home (1 hr, 45’) and have half a day for the rest of life’s pleasures. 
It works!