Note to New Members ×

MHES?

Dan

Hey Mr. T, what's the word on MHES now that we have actual snow? I think you mentioned we might be on again for May 14/15 (Sat/Sun). Is that set?

As things stand now, I might be out of town that week, but I'll rearrange my plans if it means I'd get to play on the Palmer snowfield with da carving crew.

Thanks!

The "official" 4-day MHES complete with a night out and discounted packages at Timberline is still cancelled. When things were looking grim into mid-March, Timberline didn't want to commit to even being open in the middle of May.

I still want to do an "unoffical, informal, just meet at the base lodge and ride" type event on May 14 - May 15.

Individuals will need to arrange for their own lift tickets and if needed, lodging. Lift tickets are currently $32 and I would guess, will stay the same into May. Got a weekday Plus pass? It's good on weekends from now till the end of the season.

Timberline Lodge lodging: http://www.skitimberlinelodge.com/lodge/rates.shtml. Ask about room/ticket specials.

Other lodging in the area:

Yahoo search

If Palmer is open this weekend I will ride at Timberline and report on conditions; if anyone else is up there please post on this thread. Please be sure to note how conditions on Magic Mile are as well.

For now, let's take a headcount: post here or email info@mhes.net if you are interested in riding 5/14 and or 5/15.

I rode at Meadows yesterday, and at T-Line today.

It was easily the best conditions I have seen all year.

But it's still obviously a down year, with various rocks

visible under the Mile chair. The coverage is

otherwise fine on the main runs, and there was nice

powder off the groomers. It looks like they have manipulated

the snow enough up on Palmer that they should

have a reasonable summer season.

I think mid-May is still up in the air--guess it all depends on the weather between now and then.

Erci, thanks for the report. Glad to know Mile is in better shape than last time I was there, especially given that fog can shut down Palmer at the drop of a hat.

Hope to get out and do some carving this weekend, maybe take my 188 out at Hood for the first time. (Ridden it at Sun Peaks and Bachelor but not at home - go figure!)

I can only make it on saturday right now. I think the conditions at MtHood are excellent right now (best of whole year) . I went up on thrusday with my oldest daughter and had a great time on buttercup in 2-4" new snow and sun. Its probably bad to teach your kids at an early age to skip school for good snow but oh well:) Its strange to hear about everyone's last day as it seems our season has just begun again for real. I am going to be at Sunriver from 4-28 to 5-2 if anyone wants to ride MtBachelor with me , D-sub , Mike? Also can be up at MHM tues thru thrus this coming week...

Lets ride while it lasts Jim

Originally posted by Dan

I can't make it on Sunday, but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday. I've been too busy at work to get up to Meadows ever since it started snowing and it's killing me.

I actually made it to Snoqualmie the first weekend they reeopened but shattered my clavical (3 places) right before it was time to go. Now I'm finished until next year.:mad:

________

Hurt from nexium

looks like I"m probably a definately possibly maybe, if the timing works out:) Down to San Diego for Moms day, hit mammoth on the way back and more likely be there on sunday. I"ll be more sure once I actually leave SD. Big help, huh?:rolleyes: Really hope I can make it this time.

Hey Mike, when ever it ends up being I will definitely be there unless it is like raining of something. Any carving event is worth some effort to attend. One of the few times we have to mix it up with the "Alpine Brothers" Great time last year and good send off to you and Bonney. Need to check and see if those 2 for 1 tickets from the ski show are still good then. Maybe we can use those to lure some more bros to the snow?? See ya there if not sooner.

PS> Was that you riding the 4807 on Cascade last week?? I was there with Dan , "Stop Sign" Mike , Randy K and Eric and spotted someone on plates with a OSin. I think they were smaller but hard to tell from a distance.

Bryan - you were riding with "stop sign Mike"? Haven't seen him for ages! Mike, if you ever hang out here, it'd be great to catch up at MHES. I'll probably get up to Meadows one or two days next week too.

Yep! and he was looking really good too! Every time I see him he has stepped it up a notch. I was pretty firm/rough in the am but became sweet corn as the day went on. Dan was picking up the pace too. Love to ride with them, gets me going for sure. We got serveral runs on Shoot Star Ridge , I was trying to keep up with Tinkler on his 197 custom and I had to go to the truck to get my Burner to do so. Heard them on the radio later but never hooked up again. Everyone left mid day and I was force to leave the "Mega Trench" alone in the soft snow. Threw some F2 pates on the Rad-Air 200 and put "The HURT" on the corn. I want to try that race stock board he was on. It was stiff and beefy, not to mention fairly rare. Need to find something he wants to swap out. Hope to see you on the hill before they turn the power off. Bryan

PS. anyone have a selection of cant wedges for the F2 Intec bindings? The alignment is not very good with the factory heel/toe lifts. Needs some of the thin wedges to get it right?

Due to being slammed by work and my impending move (5 days from now) I have not been able to get up to Timberline lately. How are conditsion up there? Looks like Palmer is open for the firtst time in a while today. Unfortunately I have to pack and salivate rather tha ride :mad:

If anyone does make it up there in the next few weeks please post a report, so people know what they are getting into w/ MHES Lite and whether to bring good gear or rock gear.

P.S. Bryab - that was someone else on the 4807. I haven't taken mine out since 3/30 when there was some cold fresh pow.

I was up today. Fairly good coverage and if the weather stays mild for a few weeks, we should have plenty of area to roam and carve around like a bunch of crazed lunatics. Considering the conditions were cloudy at times, it was great carving on Palmer and the Magic Mile. Stormen Norman lift to the west was running, but no other lifts below the treeline were running.

See ya all later -

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder, MHES Lite is May 14 and 15 at Timberline.

Just checked TLine's web site, their lift hours are changing to 8 - 2:30 as of May 14. This is the "Lite" version of MHES, meaning "just show up and ride", you're on your own for tickets. Let's hope the weather holds out. Let's hope I get over the flu (3rd time this season - ****e!) in time too.

As long as we get some real snow, there will be a better event in Oregon next year, I promise!

Bryan, Ed, and everyone else who's been riding TLine lately, please continue to post conditions updates. I can now see Mt Bachelor on my way to work, but not Hood :)

Hi guys and hopefully gals too!

I'll be up there on Sat. and Sun.. I'll probably be in the day lodge in the morning to pick up my ticket and depending on the weather, I could be hanging out and seeing who shows up.

My two way radio will be tuned to 13/20 if anyone wants to give me a call. I hope there is a decent turnout. The weather prediction looks good for the weekend.

Who else is planning on riding? so I can be sure to make enough peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches.;)

Ed

Hell yeah, Ill be there.

not sure yet where Im staying. If possible would any of yiu guys have a comfy floor? I prolly wont know till Friday night if I need a floor or will have a room close by. Thx, Ed Ill be looking for you by the tix counter. Art