Note to New Members ×

Shipping to Canada

digger jr

The recipient pays taxes and import duty on the declared value no matter what. Make sure they know that. I always ask for and gladly pay for insurance. 

UPS and FedEx are the worst, with surprisingly large brokerage fees payable upon receipt. Seems random and non-negotiable. They know you want your stuff and abuse that. 

USPS (converts to Canada Post on our side) has low brokerage fees. Was $5 a couple years ago but i don't know if that changed. 

43 minutes ago, Corey said:

UPS and FedEx are the worst, with surprisingly large brokerage fees payable upon receipt. Seems random and non-negotiable. They know you want your stuff and abuse that.

Assuming that they do this in every country.

Add DHL to that list. For my recent board I had a slew of random fees, so I paid them. Then 2 days later they said nup sorry we found more fees you gotta pay and issued another invoice.

I think I paid almost 300 in bs fees not including tax and duty. 

Plus in Australia we pay 5% duty on top of the invoice price and shipping fee and then another 10% on top of the duty, invoice and shipping. So 15.5% added to total invoice cost including shipping. 

USPS is best option but delays may happen due to covid cases with postal workers at customs and sorting facilities. If your shipping a Coiler product from US to Canada there is no import fees on products made in Canada so be sure to declare if product is Canadian made.