Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe 425 sizing question.

Mr Wonton

I found a Deeluxe 425 shell online for a reasonable price. My feet measure 26.75 and 27.25 mondo. I was going to get something like an intuition power wrap for a liner. Is 27 the size I should get? I’ve been boarding a long time new too hard boots. Thanks for any help. 

D425 27 internal length is 294mm, which is likely a size too big.

No know knows the exact answer. Buying boots online is always a gamble. But 26 is a better bet imo.

Just to remind to change the cant adjustment plastic of deeluxe before it is too late. Search my post and you will find it.

Edited by hknz
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Wonton said:

I found a Deeluxe 425 shell online for a reasonable price. My feet measure 26.75 and 27.25 mondo. I was going to get something like an intuition power wrap for a liner. Is 27 the size I should get? I’ve been boarding a long time new too hard boots. Thanks for any help. 

Have you tried on deeluxe and upz (and mountain slope)? You might find one is perfect and the other is a slightly worse form of the devil depending on your type of feet.

I've been through that pain, I wish I knew that there was such a difference in the way the boots fit before I bought any and went through a few years of pain.

2 hours ago, daveo said:

Have you tried on deeluxe and upz (and mountain slope)? You might find one is perfect and the other is a slightly worse form of the devil depending on your type of feet.

I've been through that pain, I wish I knew that there was such a difference in the way the boots fit before I bought any and went through a few years of pain.

No where local for me to try them on unfortunately. 

Great information, hknz! 

Deeluxe used to recommend a 26 for feet measuring at least 26 cm and up to but not including 27 cm. Measure with footbeds/orthotics you'll wear in the boots, as that often affects length. 

It's also usually suggested to fit your smaller foot, the idea being that the larger one will probably still fit, and if necessary that boot can be punched out to suit.

Those two guidelines put you in a 26. As hknz suggests.

Because Deeluxe have such a large heel/ankle area, many people attempt a smaller shell than the recommended one to get good heel hold.

11 hours ago, pokkis said:

27 mondo external size is that, not internal one. With those feet size i would take 27 size one

Please let me clarify. For d425 mondo 27, the boot internal length is 294mm and external length (so called the boot sole length, BSL) is 295mm. The internal length is for boot fitting. External length is for binding fitting.

Wonton has different foot length. Fit should be done to the smallest foot or the average of both feet, definitely not the big one. Boot shell can be punch if a little small, liner can be cut a little but, but nothing could be done to a too big shell.

Havent said that, boot fitting is difficult. One finger or barely one finger shell fit is the rule of thumb.

I have gathered all those boot fitting experiences for years because i live in a city without snow and boot fitter.

sketch-1579158955069.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hknz said:

Please let me clarify. For d425 mondo 27, the boot internal length is 294mm and external length (so called the boot sole length, BSL) is 295mm. The internal length is for boot fitting. External length is for binding fitting.

So you mean that difference between internal length ie mondo size and external length ie sole length is 1mm ?

4 hours ago, pokkis said:

So you mean that difference between internal length ie mondo size and external length ie sole length is 1mm ?

Yes, I think MS951 Shell B may even have minus difference (-1mm etc). Here is the length of D425 26 mondo. Just add 1cm for 27 mondo.

2021-04-06_204344.jpg.b8e67b576f821af2dbe232f4558bd030.jpg

Perhaps photo is better. If you visualize the boots in 3 dimensional, hope it make sense.

2021-04-06_205054.jpg.12f644ec16d30dd1d480c5d065a7ecae.jpg

I use straw tube to measure all boots I have to get their internal length. Of course, there is measurement error. Therefore, I measure 3 times and take the average.

I have internal lengths of D700, D425 , MS951, Head Strata Pro, as well other ski boots. Atomic (the ski boots brand) once publish their internal length before 2016. I get a deeper understanding of boot fitting then.

4 hours ago, daveo said:

Why did you cut the mountain slope tongue to make it softer when you could just wear those cute pink boots? 😇

Thank you for your good idea. I have new idea to ask my wife to let me buy new gear.🤣🤣🤣

Edited by hknz

I think if you want a really solid connection you'll be happiest in size 26. My feet are 28.15/28.25 and I wear size 27 425Pro which give me about a half-finger fit for length. The were blown and groundout for width but the length is perfect.

• Thanks 1

I have 425s.  I measure 27.1 and 27.2 and ride ride in 26s.  I have narrow feet.  I originally wore size 27 Raichle but even using foot pads to fill the volume I never liked they way they felt.  My last 2 pairs of Deeluxe have booth been 26s and they fit great.  Liners need to be fully moldable.  I do not fit in the non-moldable size 26 Deeluxe liners.

• Thanks 1