Note to New Members ×

Kessler 168 __2021

Shred Gruumer

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, sheltonmaine said:

I'm looking forward to this board!  Looking like my first turns will be at Saddleback over the Christmas break.  Paired mine up with an ALLFLEX spring plate.....can't wait!!

The Allflex Spring plate works as advertised for SL-ish boards which the K168 is.  It noticeably increases edge grip, power, and speed.  It is popular in World Cup slalom.  However it is heavy and torsionally rigid and demands very athletic riding.  If you're a regular in the gym this may not be a problem.  I enjoyed getting to know one but... I no longer own it.  If I make a goal of winning USASA Nationals I'll consider another one.  I recommend trying the board with and without it.  Good luck, let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 7:35 PM, Jack M said:

The Allflex Spring plate works as advertised for SL-ish boards which the K168 is.  It noticeably increases edge grip, power, and speed.  It is popular in World Cup slalom.  However it is heavy and torsionally rigid and demands very athletic riding.  If you're a regular in the gym this may not be a problem.  I enjoyed getting to know one but... I no longer own it.  If I make a goal of winning USASA Nationals I'll consider another one.  I recommend trying the board with and without it.  Good luck, let us know how it goes.

I'll keep you posted..... it took Ivan a little longer than expected to get the plate so I'll be on an F2 this week in Maine.  

• 1 month later...

i bought Kessler168 around Feb 2022.  Didn't have a chance to ride it until today.  the wait was killing me.
Last time i was on a snowboard was before Xmas.  so rusty.
k168 live up to to all my expectation.  No surprise here.

*Today condition is hero/eagle snow and k168 and i are still getting better acquainted.
Will update as i get more milage.

It feel like an old friend where you can pick up conversations from you where left off long ago and doesn't skip a beat.
k168 not "magic" but margin of error is huge: as it promote good input, and forgive bad one.
a confidence builder.
It bleed off so much speed i stalled out on mellower trails.

• Like 2

Yes, but it’s not described as “all mountain”, it’s described on that website as “allaround”. It’s their own description for it, Kessler doesn’t call it that. I presume they are referring to the fact that it’s neither a SL nor a GS board, but good for general freecarving. Kessler makes several other stock alpine boards:

http://kessler-swiss.com/en-US/products/snowboard/theAlpine

I’d recommend doing a price comparison with i-carve.com if you’re looking to buy.