Note to New Members ×

SG bindings

bobdea

So I just bought a pair of the sigi bindings..

Are the toe and heel blocks and bails the same?

want to modify them to be intec at some point. I learned not to trust f2 bails the hard way..... 

f2 is actually why I went back to td2s, broke a Tnut on the damn things 

On 2/12/2019 at 7:41 PM, bobdea said:

So I just bought a pair of the sigi bindings..

Are the toe and heel blocks and bails the same?

want to modify them to be intec at some point. I learned not to trust f2 bails the hard way..... 

f2 is actually why I went back to td2s, broke a Tnut on the damn things 

As far as I know SG binding is not intec compatible. The bolt to hold down the bail goes opposite ways compared to F2

Not sure what you exactly mean by “toe and heel blocks and bails are the same?” ... but toe and heel blocks are not the same just like f2.

disclaimer: I got 2 pairs of SG bindings

Edited by yamifumi

24 minutes ago, billyt. said:

Is it the flexing of the binding or the looseness of the bails that riders are switching to the F2/SG?  I thought that the TD3s are rigid and built strong to prevent breakage and movement?  Once less thing to worry about.  Worth the money in my book.

The F2 bails are no looser than the TD3 bails.

I've broken 3 TD3 bails.  I've broken 0 F2 bails.

“The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.” ― Confucius

There was a period of time where TD3 parts bindings were in short supply due to the illicit actions of two people.  

There are some who prefer less movement or flex in their bindings some who desire more... This is a reason why there are TD3 SWs.

Also the forum is independent of Bomber today and many of the longtime F2 fans don't feel like they have to keep quiet.  If you ever visited the Extreme Carving forum you'd know that F2s have been loved by many a long time.  

Also racers continue to use F2s in mass...

Note: I currently own F2s and TD3 SWs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yamifumi said:

As far as I know SG binding is not intec compatible. The bolt to hold down the bail goes opposite ways compared to F2

Not sure what you exactly mean by “toe and heel blocks and bails are the same?” ... but toe and heel blocks are not the same just like f2.

disclaimer: I got 2 pairs of SG bindings

Okay, so that’s solved.... next question.... what about the cants? 

37 minutes ago, bobdea said:

Okay, so that’s solved.... next question.... what about the cants? 

Cants and lifts are same set up as F2. But there is one more set than F2. When you buy F2, you. An only do heel lift or toe lift AND inward can’t or outward can’t. SG have 2 sets of lifts (can do both toe and heel lift) and 2 sets of cants.

2 hours ago, yamifumi said:

Cants and lifts are same set up as F2. But there is one more set than F2. When you buy F2, you. An only do heel lift or toe lift AND inward can’t or outward can’t. SG have 2 sets of lifts (can do both toe and heel lift) and 2 sets of cants.

What size f2 are they the same as? Large?

SG bindings are sold as S/L in sizes similar to the F2s, one SKU that can be converted from S to L or vice versus in 2 min or less. The toe and heel blocks have threads / integrated t-nuts to be both S or L, flip the binding over, loosen the two 4mm bolts, use the other set of threads in the block. 1000 times easier than swapping sizes on the S/L F2s. 

43 minutes ago, bobdea said:

What size f2 are they the same as? Large?

SG is one size fits all. Version 1 of SG binding is harder to change size as you have to take apart the bails but Version 2 has extra mounting hole for bail and much easier to switch from smaller size to larger size ( there are only 2 sizes in SG binding). But the base of the bindings are same sizes between smaller size to larger size. 

not sure which version you have.

14 hours ago, billyt. said:

I thought that was Beckman's quote?

It was, but Confucius was getting assertive over who said what, and when; so I thought it best to yield on that point.

He needed a win at the time, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

Besides which, that quote isn't particularly applicable to mechanical links in the guidance system.

• Haha 2