Note to New Members ×

Your first day of the season. Expectations and anticipation thread.

fish

Where will it be? What gear will you ride that first day? When is it gonna happen? Goals for the season? I haven’t gotten my season started yet but I’m confident it’s coming very soon. I got some new (to me) gear and I built a sick hotbox. But my secret weapon is that I’m starting the season 20lbs lighter than the end of last season. I’m ready to get low. Very low. Since August my daily regimen has been twice as hardcore as the training montage from Rocky IV. 

• Like 1

Great to hear right before the holidays!  First and fore most, I hope the snow conditions are as good if not better than last year's.  Really want one of my daughters to get some video of me riding.  Tried it last year with the GoPro, and it was a let down. Both in depth of field and my form.  And to ride more!

Hey Fish

My 1st day was Last Fri. Nov. 16 !    Loon Mtn. in Northern NH opened 8 trails with top to bottom riding up the Gondola - It was Great!  ...and I was out today also for Day 2!!    Day 2 I felt stronger and was pushing harder...it's coming back!!!                                                               

For it still just being November! the conditions are OMG!      I'm usually on my rock board this early in the season but so far there's full coverage,  no dirt, no rocks...... so I ditched the rock board and went straight to my everyday all Mtn. EC board!                      Riding my Swoard Dual II 168 with TD3 SW SI's    My goal is get my legs and form back enough to handle my Kessler or Coiler And last all day carving or in the pow without my feet or thighs screaming their done after only 3 hours!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

Getting some footy for the boys is a key goal this year. It’s a learning aid. Plus it’ll look sick on social media. I had some gopro fails last year that I learned from. This year I’m making footy with the gopro on my head cabled to a big battery in my pocket. Looking to swap out with my kid and some local bros at shooting my SLR which can peel off 15 or so fps. Just gotta keep it warm and fog free. My prediction for photos and vids is many days of pretty much failure and a few days of success. I’d love to refine technique for shooting this stuff. Obviously some folks have it dialed. But average Joe-sumer results from the snow hill typically suck. This years gonna be different. I just know it.

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

Hey Fish

My 1st day was Last Fri. Nov. 16 !    Loon Mtn. in Northern NH opened 8 trails with top to bottom riding up the Gondola - It was Great!  ...and I was out today also for Day 2!!    Day 2 I felt stronger and was pushing harder...it's coming back!!!                                                               

For it still just being November! the conditions are OMG!      I'm usually on my rock board this early in the season but so far there's full coverage,  no dirt, no rocks...... so I ditched the rock board and went straight to my everyday all Mtn. EC board!                      Riding my Swoard Dual II 168 with TD3 SW SI's    My goal is get my legs and form back enough to handle my Kessler or Coiler And last all day carving or in the pow without my feet or thighs screaming their done after only 3 hours!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I acquired same Swoard last year after the season was over. I’m way excited to get it dirty.

First day was 11/17 at Sunday River... by the 18'th they had Loche and Barker mountains open.. They certainly are blowing the snow.. Will definitely be back this long weekend and then my son and I will start weekdays after his school at Shawnee, work permitting...

• Like 1

First day for me was Sunday, 11/18 at Bretton Woods! I was unsure as to how the conditions were going to be so I set up my Donek FC163. I was wishing that I had set up my Coiler NB172 as conditions were good enough to ride it! I hope to get out after Thanksgiving Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

My riding goal/s keep getting harder and harder each passing year! I've always wanted to ride as many days in a season as many years I am old...if that makes any grammatical sense! It was easier to comprehend many, many years ago when I was in my twenties(which I still didn't achieve!)! But now at 51, and with a damn job that eats up too much of my time, it's getting harder to come to fruition! One can dream!

Still working on improving my riding! 

Happy Trails and let's hope for a great season!!!! Let it Snow!

Started the season fatter and more out of shape than last year so that was a bummer. Starting at 8:30 am I was done by 2 pm, so besides improving mr. good ol technique I've got to enhance mr. endurance. Today's our last day in Kaunertal, Austria. Deluged with hardboot racers and teams, more so than the other glaciers I've hit up this time of the year.

Quite a pleasure watching a wide age group of very talented racers from the Korean, Slovenian, Czech, and Ukrainian teams here. I talked to one young Czech rider about 10 years old that was absolutely killing it, definitely future gold medalist there. So uhh yea I got work to do.

• Like 1