Note to New Members ×

Hot Gear Bag

slapos

I had one. It wasn’t great. My initial review was positive but I ended up finding it to be more of a nuisance than it was worth. Also: if you have any punches in your boots DEFINITELY don’t get one as it puts out enough heat to restore boot shells to their original shape. 

• 2 weeks later...

HR bought one a few years back. I don't think he used the heating pad but I do know the bag itself fell apart after a few months. The dimensions were not ideal for the snowboarding gear. He uses a Energia Pura bag now but he says it is only good until B size, otherwise the bag is too small for bigger boots.

hi,

I went for head heated boot bag. Its HUUUGE.

easily fits my C shells and probably little bit more. 

I had in my hands a few brands and it turns out that they are all made by snoweagle (leki, lange,rossignol,atomic and head)

The heating department works really well - used to mould zipfit liners 😛

cheers

Lukasz

large_plecak-head-rebels-heatable-boot-bag-2019-383198-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, slapos said:

They recommend steaming them or putting the shells in an oven.

Hot gear bag can replace that.

Yeah, to mold mine I did the hot water bottles in the shells inside insulated shopping bag. Worked fine.

biggest issue I had with zips is you can move the gel putting the boot on that why they want you to put the liner on first but that’s a nightmare with some shells. 

Im guessing that’s a nice side benefit of a hot shell and liner that the bag will provide the stuff should flow enough that you probably could leave the liners in and it would move back where you need it in a few seconds?