Note to New Members ×

Boot Liner With Best Heel Lock?

barryj

@barryj The Deeluxe heel harness fits around and over the LINER, not between the liner and foot from what I understand. Which makes more sense. The picture is deceptive.  But I would stay away from it for other reasons, namely the plastic buckle that would be pushing against the liner and into my shin. There was one similar in the old bomber store...

I'm quite happy with intuition luxury liner, I pulled like crazy on the lace to keep my heels in place.

Luxury mondo 27 medium in upz 26.5 shell.

I looked at zipfit but was told on this forum that they were not warm at all, since I ride in Quebec I did go that way.

Same thing with upz liner, good fit but not warm, that was with rc10. Anyone know if rc11 liner are warmer?

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

The Deeluxe heel harness fits around and over the LINER

Yeah Kneel......I understand the Heel Harness goes over the liner...

Surf Quebec - so you saying you like your Intuition luxury even though you have to "pull like crazy to keep your heels down" ??

On 11/4/2018 at 1:35 PM, barryj said:

Anybody tried the Deeluxe Heel Harness??  

https://www.yyzcanuck.com/shop/boots/deeluxe-heel-harness/

50 shades of barryJ?

On 10/31/2018 at 2:09 PM, barryj said:

I expect I'll need a low volume liner and I'm not interested in the wrap style and I want Zero heel movement for  Hard Charging Carving!

Any Suggestions???

In no particular order of ease or effect:

1. As TTrash suggested, HP foam liners. If they're done right, and thats a big if, they should be reasonably warm, and will outlast at least two sets of boot shells.

2. Zipfits with extra sauce. This mode will be more forgiving of installer error than HP foam, should last as long, and may be more versatile should you decide to ride in something other than D-Lucks plastic.

3. In the event you've not tried on the UPZ, do so. If you did previously, do so again just in case. There's enough room in the optimistically named 'ankle pocket' of the Deeluxe to conceal a patriot missile, or qualify as an in law apartment.

As mentioned in your other related thread, using the UPZ liner in the DL is a mismatch waiting to happen.

4. Learn how to ride in a modified ski boot. All sorts of ankle contour available in that ecosystem.

5. Examine your preferred technique, and figure out how to get it done without using your shin as a lever, or your boot tongue as a fulcrum.

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day: 

If no fulcrum, and no lever; then no heel lift."

On 11/3/2018 at 10:11 PM, west carven said:

don't listen to what is said on this fourm…

Self-negating advice. Sage.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command"

Huh...

UPZ photo attached with heel tooth...also I use the arch pads but move them as far back an up and then ease the liner into the boot...  Then the center arch buckle really pulls that foot back into the heel pocket..  When I want to go extra crazy....  I use the Eliminators and shove those down across the arch , again the center buckle strap pulls that foot into the pocket...  Now that I bought new RC12 that fit...Smaller...I don't even need any of that...  I did like having room to wiggle my toes and keep them warm...  ehhh...that's what toe warmers are for if I can cram that in..

Or custom liners...meh

upz.JPG

The-Eliminator-Custom-Snowboard-Boot-Tongue.jpg

22 hours ago, west carven said:

howdy Beckmann AG

if fourm members says "jump"... I think you should jump...

the "Art of the Carve" is self discovery... one day grasshopper...

Howdy Elliptical Prophet:

The wise trade in complete/coherent thought, rather than alluding to the notion of having such.

Keep that in mind if your intent is to pass as Po.

22 hours ago, barryj said:

...and  you've dashed all my hopes!

If your hopes include better riding performance, (as I suspect they do), consider that the board will eventually work better when you modulate pressure through the soles of your feet, rather than through your shins.

I think Barry deserves his own subforum regarding boot liners.

I vote for first trying new boots like UPZ or Mountain Slope, then getting the perfect liner for those. Custom foam injected or ZipFits depending on how you feel on the day. Personally I've read too many mixed reviews on ZF to put my $500 of trust into them. Mountain Slope recommended BootDoc as the best for their boots, so I rolled with them.

Edited by daveo

I've had these problems and tried most of the mentioned "solutions."

UPZ boots were the definitive fix for me!  I had to put in some effort to make the liners all day comfortable, but, ultimately they are....

New RC12s just arrived.  They appear to be even better than my 10s!

• 3 weeks later...

@barryj Just to circle back on the Intuition Luxury liners.  LOVE them.  Only 2 days on them so far, but the most comfortable yet firm liners I've used.  Self molded/fitted as per Intuition's instruction.  M29 2018 Deeluxe Track 700 shells, had barely two fingers and went with HV M29 liners.  A little snug getting feet in and out, but a dream once they are on and there is zero heel lift. The tongue laces really keep things in place.  A little long though and managing them is annoying, but that's really my only gripe.  I think the Dreamliners would have been a little too soft. FWIW...