Note to New Members ×

TD3 - New Prices

Wolf

Bomber is at long last stocked with TD3s, but it looks like Walker had to up the prices by $25 when they switched to "in stock" status.  So regular TD3s are $425 and Sidewinders are $525 (SW step-ins are still out of stock at the old price).  Hopefully the market will still be strong even with the small increase.  We need this premium American product to succeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's definitely Ouch.. But second board kits help me big time.. I guess I can only ride one at a time. Hopefully it's here to stay and will see a big change to get me to buy TD4... Gladly support high end USA ?? products..  

I'm just glad it's around.. Thanks.. Options are limited for in the USA product. Seems like Asian markets have the most options and NA has the least.. Just like boards... Man it's hard being Alpine boarder here in the lower 48...  Yea I got some exotic stuff... But man it shouldn't be so hard.. Small we are... 

Yes we are very small, right-said Shred. I still have my TD2 and I don't think I'll be disposing them any time soon. This is why I like american made product - all steel, etc. Only issue I have is I'm not a fan of step in but it's real convenient.

Will I return to alpine riding? Maybe. There are days I miss just riding pencil lines without arm sliding across the slopes. 

When I saw the prices of today's generation, my sphincter puckered up quite a bit. I'm not willing to spend that much. I recall I got mine for 300 bucks? But this was a long time ago. 

As for boards, it looks like I might give it a shot with Moss snowboards via Japan or I might stick to my gun, Donek. 

Boots, UPZ, hands down. 

It's really easy in Australia because you know you definitely must buy from overseas ?

But $525...! Damn. That's steep. I didn't realise just how expensive they were. Must be scary for a newcomer when a pair of bindings costs the same as their entire freestyle setup.

Ever since a North American board builder recommended F2 bindings over TD3 to me years ago when I got my board made, I've ridden F2s exclusively, been perfectly happy with them and their biggest proponent. Actually hadn't even looked at TD prices until now.

But hey, even though even the TD SW isn't a perfect product, the high price is what you need to pay for a quality product designed and manufactured in the US. That's life.

An interesting note that might drum up a little business for Bomber is that there are now five choices of E-ring hardness, and the new ones are a more manly black and gray.  You can also choose black base plates and toe clips.  I recall quite a bit of interest on the forum when there was a limited run of black base plates in the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shred Gruumer said:

Great point... but I'll go with Union Forged Carbon... ditch that rocker king pin..ick...ew..

OK, they retail for $550.  The O-Drives use a somewhat similar suspension principal as TD2/3, but only on one axis.  I've tried them, I bought them (NOS though).  Better than my Burton Genesis-X.

17 hours ago, Jack M said:

Well, they're not entry-level bindings.  Comparable softboot bindings are Now O-Drives, which retail for $500.

Yeah that's a fair point! But, all softboot bindings can be had at apx. 60% of RRP at some point during the season. Obviously being such a small company, Bomber could never offer nice sales like this.

Edited by daveo

On 10/31/2018 at 11:29 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

Cheapest you can get away with new is probably F2 Carve RS at CDN$199.

I was considering the step in versions of these as a second set but when I spoke with YYZ I was told they aren’t advisable if you weigh 200lbs or more. ? 

59 minutes ago, icebiker said:

I was considering the step in versions of these as a second set but when I spoke with YYZ I was told they aren’t advisable if you weigh 200lbs or more. ? 

Poppycock! I’m North of 200lbs and have used the CarveRS for several years no problem. I think the flexible base absorbs stresses. I would rate them a little more flexible than the Sidewinder ( I ride both ).

On 11/4/2018 at 10:57 AM, digger jr said:

Poppycock! I’m North of 200lbs and have used the CarveRS for several years no problem. I think the flexible base absorbs stresses. I would rate them a little more flexible than the Sidewinder ( I ride both ).

Hi Ron, good to hear from you!  Do you use the step in version or bail version. How much lighter are they compared to TD SW’s?   Part of my attraction to them is the supposition that they are significantly lighter. 

@icebiker I'm 6'1" 200lbs.  I wouldn't use the RS.  HOWEVER, my son does and we've swapped boards numerous times throughout the day.  My fat ass hasn't broken anything yet.  But that doesn't mean it's right either. New F2 Ti's are what $260 shipped from Canada with the exchange rate. That's half way to the TD3.  But compare materials of the two side by side and to me the TD3 doesn't seem that expensive.  I think the price is fair.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And to compare apples to apples, the F2 Titanflex, which is basically the upgrade of a stainless steel center disc, plastic riser and hard foam heel and toe pads, sure it's lighter than the TDSW, but there's no comparison in quality. And I'm not bashing F2.  That's all I'm using nowadays. But really scrutinize the plastic on the F2 now, where it was just set and forget on my TD's. FWIW...