Note to New Members ×

Victoria Jealouse

LeeW

On 8/21/2018 at 1:07 PM, RoroSnow said:

More likely Tara Eberhardt.

Another top female racer at the time.

Tara Eberhard is regular foot.  I think Dakides is too young to be the woman in the video.  I wonder who that Mike is... Jacoby and Kildy are both regular foot too.

Man I had crushes on those Burton babes.

eberhard.jpg

eberhard_racing.jpg

top photographer unknown, bottom is Bud Fawcett.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

Yeah, that makes sense.  But who is "Mike"?

I wonder if that might be the same Mike as in Tara's husband and the coach of Cross M racing team (are they still around these days?).

On 8/23/2018 at 7:41 AM, Mig said:

I think I still might have the original VHS. I'll try to check both rider's names on the box as soon as I have a minute to go through the boxes of tapes.

Please do. The title for the VHS, as well. Thanks. I don't think there are any videos of VJ on alpine snowboard except maybe in the private domains. 

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

I wonder if that might be the same Mike as in Tara's husband and the coach of Cross M racing team (are they still around these days?).

Please do. The title for the VHS, as well. Thanks. I don't think there are any videos of VJ on alpine snowboard except maybe in the private domains. 

Wasn't Tara's husband Jerry Masterpool (Cross M), and not Mike?

And sorry about the confusion. My comment was about the Northern Rage VHS part that @FrankNBeans posted. I did check the VHS cover box and half the names of the riders and bands are hidden by the sponsors logos. But from what was visible, no hints of it being Victoria Jealous, Tara Eberhard or otherwise...

17 hours ago, Mig said:

Wasn't Tara's husband Jerry Masterpool (Cross M), and not Mike?

And sorry about the confusion. My comment was about the Northern Rage VHS part that @FrankNBeans posted. I did check the VHS cover box and half the names of the riders and bands are hidden by the sponsors logos. But from what was visible, no hints of it being Victoria Jealous, Tara Eberhard or otherwise...

Oh yes yes yes, you're right. It is Jerry Masterpool. 

And yes, that was VJ, no doubt. I was surprised when I realized she used to ride for Nitro as well as carving with softboots. Oh, so close, so close... I prefer hardboots, man... HOWEVER I'll settle for THAT kiss in that video!!! ❤️❤️❤️ 

yeah, from the looks of it... that photo is the only media to be found with her on hardboots. I hope to bump into her again one day and ask her directly... maybe I should return to the industry and head out to SIA tradeshows, tho I prefer ski industry tradeshows (like ski lifts, grooming, snowmaking, etc). 

• 2 weeks later...

Fritz (riding with Victoria) came to Canada to film an Apocalypse-series movie with Serge Vitelli and Bertrand Denervaud. As they were filming on Whistler Mountain and I was the snowboard guy there at the time (myself and Greg Daniells), the resort had me show them around. During shooting, the producers asked me to find them a girl who could carve, so I got VJ who was dating my pal Alex Warburton, to come out for them. She blew them away.

That film go shot, with Serge and Berti leaving right after. Fritz stuck around, as he wanted to go up the 99 and hang out with the natives / sleep in a teepee. By being there (and charging like a maniac) he wound up in this movie.

I regret telling Fritz to **** off when said he wanted to sleep with my girlfriend, Jennifer. That was the last I saw of him. She probably would have been cool with that, so I should have passed on the sentiment, rather than rejecting it out of hand on her behalf. I also fell out with Victoria over some stupid shit I did. Even though the scene isn't very big, I haven't seen her since then. When I do, these days will come back to me, I'll apologize and maybe she'll accept. 

Seeing this has made me emotional.

• Like 4

Cool story! I remember those names.  I probably would have reacted similarly to the indecent proposal.

17 hours ago, Rob Stevens said:

She probably would have been cool with that

She would??

17 hours ago, Rob Stevens said:

Seeing this has made me emotional.

Who doesn't regret some stupid stuff they did in their youth?

I think I met Alex, he was part of Achenbach's crew back in the 80s.  I rode with those guys once or twice when I was still pretty new to snowboarding.  Well, we were all new, but they had been at it a few years and were very good.

VJ has always come across as a very cool person in interviews and such, hope you are able to reach out and mend fences, Rob.