Note to New Members ×

Donek Flux vs. Incline

pmorita

Has anyone done a side by side with the Flux and the Incline?  I have had a couple of inclines (164 & 170), loved them for our Vermont conditions and am curious about the  Flux.  Is it just a lateral move or night and day difference in ride when I'm in the mood to cruise in soft boots?

Also, if anyone has a Flux laying around that they want to sell, let me know.

I'd say apples and oranges from my perspective as I've ridden a friends 170 Incline in soft boots and my go-to rides, that I ride at Stratton often as a matter of fact, are both a 164 "Traditional" Flux and a 168 "Bomber" Flux that Sean built for me with 22cm waist to ride with hard boots. I'll have to find the build sheet to get the rest of the specs.  Both are stiff and damp and perfectly adept at handling diverse conditions the northeast has to offer. However, if you were to compare them to SUV's, the Incline would be a Toyota 4Runner and the Flux a Porsche Cayenne. Sure the 4Runner feels sporty enough when it needs to be, but where it really shines is when you leave the pavement.  The Cayenne can certainly handle mild offroading, but it's a hell of a lot more fun carving the pavement.  Which is analogous to our typical northeast conditions.  Great groomers in the morning, ice, crud and bumps in the afternoon.  The Incline and Flux are solid on both ends of that spectrum, it just depends which end you like to play on most.  Now the difference between the 164 Traditional and the 168 Bomber Flux that I see is the length and shovel.  The 164 has a more aggressive shape.  I've found anything over 6" of powder and it gets really squirrelly when its edge can no longer bite  into something.  The 168 with a wider rounded nose floats just fine, especially in the heavy wet stuff we get.  I have a place in Dorset and ride Stratton and Bromely often if you want to check them out next season. :thumbsup

Edited by Kneel
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 9:58 AM, Kneel said:

I'd say apples and oranges from my perspective as I've ridden a friends 170 Incline in soft boots and my go-to rides, that I ride at Stratton often as a matter of fact, are both a 164 "Traditional" Flux and a 168 "Bomber" Flux that Sean built for me with 22cm waist to ride with hard boots. I'll have to find the build sheet to get the rest of the specs.  Both are stiff and damp and perfectly adept at handling diverse conditions the northeast has to offer. However, if you were to compare them to SUV's, the Incline would be a Toyota 4Runner and the Flux a Porsche Cayenne. Sure the 4Runner feels sporty enough when it needs to be, but where it really shines is when you leave the pavement.  The Cayenne can certainly handle mild offroading, but it's a hell of a lot more fun carving the pavement.  Which is analogous to our typical northeast conditions.  Great groomers in the morning, ice, crud and bumps in the afternoon.  The Incline and Flux are solid on both ends of that spectrum, it just depends which end you like to play on most.  Now the difference between the 164 Traditional and the 168 Bomber Flux that I see is the length and shovel.  The 164 has a more aggressive shape.  I've found anything over 6" of powder and it gets really squirrelly when its edge can no longer bite  into something.  The 168 with a wider rounded nose floats just fine, especially in the heavy wet stuff we get.  I have a place in Dorset and ride Stratton and Bromely often if you want to check them out next season. :thumbsup

As a rider in the northeast, thanks for the insight.  I've been mulling over the idea of ordering from Sean (more of a "when" than an "if" at this point) and both the Flux and the Incline are on my shortlist.

Also, great analogy between the 4Runner and the Cayenne.  The Macan carves up the pavement pretty well, too ?.

Never ridden an Incline. Love my Flux. 158 cm x 26cm waist x 8.5m - 10m SCR. I find that it carves great and is also good off-piste (tracked up newer snow). Have not ridden it in true powder but seems like a great all-around board.  

• 5 years later...

Hello.

I am 190cm, 98kg, 47EU softboots. Interested in extra wide Flux board.

Program freeride with lots of high speed piste runs and carving (want a very stable board for speed and need to keep ability for difficult passages)

Which board lenght would you advice me ?

What about the most adapted radius ? (min max)

Thanks in advance for your advice !

Vincent.