Note to New Members ×

Intuition Liners/Track 700 Boots

Jeffrey Day

So, I believe it's time to retire my Dalbello Gold ID Liners (Intuition made) as I have a ton of foot slop/foot movement in my keyfob sized 24.0 Deeluxe Track 700 boots.

I have a question for fellow Intuition Liner users. 

What model liners are you using/would you recommend?

Can anyone tell me if the Deeluxe Track 700 boots are wider in the toebox  than lets say my older Suzuka boots? Or my AF600TS boots before my Suzukas?

Thanks in advance for any info and/or recommendations!

46 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

If heel lift was an issue in your Deeluxes, you should consider UPZ.  I use Intuition Power Wrap, they're the middle-of-the-road model.

The dalbello golds I think are the same as one of the intuition models. I want to say power wrap but I haven’t had to think about this in a long time...... 

heel lift in UPZ is certainly less likely, an intec cable is problematic for me in them as they have such a tight heel pocket.

I just switched from AF 600's to AF 700's to UPZ all during this season.  Enough to make your head spin!  Switched from AF600's because they just wore out and got more difficult to get parts.  I very reluctantly switched out of AF700's after 15 days because I just could not get a secure fit.  Now I use the Intuition Power Wrap in the UPZ RC 11 and find that combo provides a great secure fit.  I've only got 10 days on that combination and still getting use to the way the boot drives but I can already tell they'll be great.  It's kind of a bummer because I really enjoyed the way the AF700's/BTS rode.  I find the Intuition Power Wrap to be a pretty stiff liner and it definitely adds stiffness to the boot.  But I think that's good.  I'm going to experiment with the DGSS system because I liked the BTS type flex on my Deluxes.  The UPZ spring system is fine but just does not have quite the travel.

Foot:  27.7

AF600:  26

AF700: 26

UPZ:  27

If you have hobbit feet (extra wide triangle/duck shaped feet, and flat), my experience with my upz 27 and intuition power wrap is that the liner is a bit too thick/high volume for the shell. I should have gone for a size 28 shell, but i ended up having my boots punched out and widened to make it work for me. A custom footbed also makes a big difference. 

2 hours ago, Colozeus said:

If you have hobbit feet (extra wide triangle/duck shaped feet, and flat)

If at least the first two describe you, then you might also consider the Pro Tongue liner.  They are a tongue & lace-up liner for extra help with heel hold, have a nice wide toe box, and the removable insole lets you swap it out for footbeds, especially nice if you have a high arch or high-volume feet.  They work really well in my UPZs, ymmv in the Deeluxes.

The official verbiage:

PRO TONGUE liners are the first tongue style liners Intuition created that can compete with the Power Wrap in stiffness. They’re ideal for most shells used by intermediate and advanced level skiers and riders. This high-density, medium thickness liner features a 2mm Strobel sole, with removable 7mm foam insoles, and a roomy toe box to accommodate various foot volumes and widths in tighter fitting shells.

Hate to be a broken record. I spent so much $$ on Thermo fits, you name the brand I tried it. They all suffer the same fate. I finally landed on Zip Fit and its a world of difference. Heel hold is the best of any liner I have tried and they can be remolded over and over if needed.  Zips can be kinda hard to find but because of the design you can try a pair in your boots to see how they would fit and the shop can take them back since unlike Thermos they can be reshaped somewhat endlessly. 

56 minutes ago, Bobby Buggs said:

Hate to be a broken record. I spent so much $$ on Thermo fits, you name the brand I tried it. They all suffer the same fate. I finally landed on Zip Fit and its a world of difference. Heel hold is the best of any liner I have tried and they can be remolded over and over if needed.  Zips can be kinda hard to find but because of the design you can try a pair in your boots to see how they would fit and the shop can take them back since unlike Thermos they can be reshaped somewhat endlessly. 

My giant calves don't allow me to use tongue style liners. I always get these weird and annoying pressure points on the sides of my calves. Do you use their sidewinder model?

So, to add a bit of recap and thanks for responding!  I have molded them quite a few times in a number of different shell types: AF600TS, SB323, Suzuka and Track700. And yes, the Dalbello Gold ID liners are made by Intuition, and looking at the liners, they do look like the Power-wrap liners. 

I think I'm fairly lucky in that my feet are fairly normal, middle of the road feet. Not flat foot or high arch, not wide or narrow. I think my foot shape would be best in the SB shells, but I want to say I remember heel slip in the SB shells. Maybe not, not sure as I generally have gravitated towards the AF shells most of the time.

I do use an Instaprint Footbed. I don't tend to have heel hold issues. Just have been noticing in the last few seasons more forefoot slop.

Question during the molding process, how tight do you buckle the buckles? Cranked down? Ride tight? Or loosely buckled?

It's funny, and a bit off topic, but I ride differently when riding in SB shells and AF shells. Anyone ever notice different ride characteristics in different shell?

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Day said:

It's funny, and a bit off topic, but I ride differently when riding in SB shells and AF shells. Anyone ever notice different ride characteristics in different shell?

Yup, I actually remember the first time I rode in 700s changed how I rode. Was coming from Burton Fire and SB series Raichles..... the SB series I always thought was garbage, would rather use ski boots and I thought the reactor/boiler/Fire/wind was the cat’s ass until I got in 700s. 

Then went to head, meh, okay boot I guess, best fit for me though. 

Then UPZ, gonna do the tongue mod and give those another go round but I’m a 700 fan. 

Irony here, I walked away from a pair of northwaves that were heavily discounted because I didn’t know what they were in like 1997.... I’m a dumbassssssss