Note to New Members ×

Wahini Snowboards

Mord

I just recently found out this small board manufacturer called @Wahini Snowboards. I am not payed to ask here. Does anyone have experiences with the boards? There are only six boards and I don't think they're custom made. They also sell bomber bindings a fair bit cheaper than the bomber store, surprisingly. The boards all have stunning top sheet design. Any idea how they compare to other boards in the same price range? 

I looked at the Wahini site after the owner posted in the "buy Bomber" thread. It looked like they were suggesting you could mount their boards as teleboards or with alpine snowboard bindings...is that what others got out of it? I've never ridden one though. Chances are they don't actually have Bomber bindings in stock; if they did, they should be charging a premium for them at the moment. 

From his "about us" page: "We took out the camber, softend [sic] up the flex, and added todays [sic] technology with Tri-Axle [sic] Carbon Fiber Matterial [sic].  Using Set Screws in the boards to allow different stances and bindings..."

• Haha 1

I’d love to see them at ATC 2018 or a demo day next season. He seems to be bad with spelling, which is unusual, considering the ubiquity of spell-check software. I honestly don’t know how someone can snowboard with telemark bindings. I personally don’t think the boards are specifically targeted at girls.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:25 PM, Jack Michaud said:

Even if there were no spelling/grammar/terminology errors, that excerpt tells me all I need to know.  Took out the camber?  Softened up the flex?  Not my idea of an alpine snowboard.

Pretty sure I met that guy years and years ago. Totally nice guy, thinks different. 

If it’s who I’m thinking of, he likes cruising bumps and trees. The type of gear the dude wants and needs no one really makes, makes sense that he’s building it now. 

To each his own, not my cup of tea but I’m glad someone wants to serve that market segment? 

• 6 months later...

Thank you gentlemen and ladies for taking a look at Wahini Snowboards. Yes, we have produced boards for both telemarking and Alpine boots. Yes they are soft and flat and offer a new experience in the bumps and steeps. They also can carve wonderful turns on the groom and soft and spring corn. I could not find boards that were this soft and had a natural rocker, so I had a bunch made up in three different lengths with different stiffness. If anyone would like to try one of these boards I would like to say that they are amazing. The Telemark boot offers a new freedom in the Alpine stance. Great in the bumps, powder, crud, and steeps. We did model the Telemark board after the original tele board but made them wider and softer. I do have these boards available for demo and sale in both Alpine and Telemark bindings. I was marketing the bomber bindings at retail with no discount. I used up all my bomber bindings on demo boards. Since the creation of my boards I have been enjoying riding older models of Alpine carving boards and having a blast. I look forward to riding with other Alpine borders and slowly but surely introducing the Telemark inserted boards to any riders that are interested. It's nice to offer something new in the field of Alpine snowboards. It's always nice to have an open mind. I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun this season ahead of 2018/2019. Please feel free to get ahold of me, Martin Kimbell. Www.wahinisnowboards.com  603-344-5551

Edited by Wahini Snowboards