Note to New Members ×

some inquiries for boards

Corran

I've had a few people here and there ask me about making one of these for them as well as myself, so I'm just tossing this out there... If about 10 people want boards I'll pony up and make a mould. Figure about $500 a board. One size of course as it would be a mould. 155cm, 31.175cm nose, 27.2cm waist, 30.4cm tail, 6mm camber, 31cm nose rocker with 8.4cm total nose kick, 12cm tail rocker, with 1.94cm tail kick. Sandwhich construction, longitudinally medium flex with medium to high torsional flex. Rear inserts (rear most insert) 40cm from tail tip. front inserts (back most insert) 89cm from tail tip. 5 rows of inserts, 2cm spacing.

For those wondering, I used to make Riot snowboards (Race, carving and freestyle back in the late 1990's and early 2000's) so I know whats up. I'm NOT getting back into the snowboard business (I have other stuff to do) but since I got some private messages on Facebook about this, I'm just letting people know. This is a one time thing, and board would be as is. Cost about $500 a board would pretty much cover my costs for mould and each board.

Let me know at corran@soulwaterman.com for those interested.

Corran5aaf985789639_ScreenShot2018-03-19at6_53_09AM.thumb.png.ddb73c2b3dcfc5bfc51b565461d92e33.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 6.54.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 6.53.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 6.52.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 6.52.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 6.51.58 AM.png

1 hour ago, Jack Michaud said:

We're still making snowboard graphics that objectify women in 2018?

As suggested by my wife... who just bought a board with very similar graphics because (in her words) "it has beautiful women on it".

so... um... yes.

I'm not trying to go into the snowboard business again. if you don't like it thats fine. Its a one time offer for those who do.

29244032_10157183700879128_6080855903593037824_o.jpg

5 hours ago, Corran said:

As suggested by my wife... who just bought a board with very similar graphics because (in her words) "it has beautiful women on it".

Corran, cool to have you on here. When I was looking for a performance surf SUP, you were on the short list. I ended up going with a different builder in the end.

I was wondering how long it would take you to build a snowboard.

Regarding the top sheet, obviously do what you want, but I doubt using your wife to justify a topsheet that objectifies women on that level is a great idea. The women in my life (wife, mom, sister, wife's sisters and mother, friends....), who have worked hard to get where they are, would all say it sucks. I certainly could not (would not) bring a topsheet like that into my house or up to the hill. Sounds like a cool little surfy board otherwise.

Edited by Buell
  • Like 3

Thanks on the Surf sup bit

If I was getting into the snowboard industry, then for sure that would be something I would take into account. This is a personal project that I've been asked to make available... and so I am. Very different things. ;-)

Corran

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Buell said:

Corran, cool to have you on here. When I was looking for a performance surf SUP, you were on the short list. I ended up going with a different builder in the end.

I was wondering how long it would take you to build a snowboard.

Regarding the top sheet, obviously do what you want, but I doubt using your wife to justify a topsheet that objectifies women on that level is a great idea. The women in my life (wife, mom, sister, wife's sisters and mother, friends....), who have worked hard to get where they are, would all say it sucks. I certainly could not (would not) bring a topsheet like that into my house or up to the hill. Sounds like a cool little surfy board otherwise.

Showed your response to my wife (who's an engineer and partner in a firm - so a very accomplished and successful woman) and she said I didn't answer the original question correctly, and that the correct answer should be:

"Yes"

:-)

Edited by Corran

Looks like some engineers are still trained to be misogynistic even the women. The graphics aren't exactly a nipple gate a little more cheeky in my opinion. The world might be a better place if we made better choices perhaps a transgender soldier would be more appropriate given the latest circumstances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lowrider said:

Looks like some engineers are still trained to be misogynistic even the women.

In my experience the engineers are the LAST to be misogynistic today. At least where I work sales and marketing has us beat by a mile!

One of the problems is the sentiment that if I say "I don't like this, I feel that it objectifies women" I get labeled as a snowflake. Well F that. Call me what you will I still think that this sort of thinking needs to be rethunk. As long as my daughter doesn't think she needs to dress in a certain way to get ahead I don't care what I get called!