Note to New Members ×

Broken boot

FrankNBeans

16 minutes ago, FrankNBeans said:

I'll work on getting it on video. As well, the elusive snowboard 'mud flapp-ing'. The chronic smacking and slapping of a snowboard on the snow to, while strapped in to the front binding, presumably to knock the snow out of the rear binding to facilitate an easier strapping in. Think someone washing their truck's mudflap and beating the hell out of it to try to knock off any dried-on mud. The louder and more dramatic, the better and more snow gets knocked off(seemingly). I visit a handful of ski areas and I haven't seen it anywhere but my hill?! It's like seeing the Loch Ness Monster, Elvis, and Jackie O playing pinball  and eating chimichangas and drinking Big Gulps and the 7-Eleven(or a Mojo Nixon song).

Made me laugh 

2 hours ago, FrankNBeans said:

As well, the elusive snowboard 'mud flapp-ing'. The chronic smacking and slapping of a snowboard on the snow to, while strapped in to the front binding, presumably to knock the snow out of the rear binding to facilitate an easier strapping in.

I thought that was a Canadian kid thing. Like dragging your board base down through the parking lot by the front binding. Guess not.

35 minutes ago, Allee said:

I thought that was a Canadian kid thing. Like dragging your board base down through the parking lot by the front binding. Guess not.

I thought it was a sign you live in a sticky snow zone... I might lift and smack every once and a while... easy way to get off a pile of slush.