Note to New Members ×

Hardboot Carving worth watching!

barryj

This is so Good I gotta post it again here!    2014 Olympic Silver Medalist Nevin Galmarini Is Tha Man and Boils Slalom Down to the Essentials in this Video!

AND If you don't remember in the Sochi Olympics Quarter Finals he got thrown out of his line and should have crashed but instead of giving up he rode SWITCH! (on a Slalom Board! at Mach I !!) through the next gate, Recovered and still Won!       That's So Badd Ass!!

He's is so smoove!  His words and these images make a lot of sense to me.           

FYI at .10 you can see he's riding a modified Bomber BTS! 

Edited by barryj
  • Like 3

On 1/25/2018 at 4:47 PM, barryj said:

This is so Good I gotta post it again here!    2014 Olympic Silver Medalist Nevin Galmarini Is Tha Man and Boils Slalom Down to the Essentials in this Video!

Watching multiple videos I have been observing what looks like a forward twist in the upper body in the direction of the turn as the board moves from down the fall line across the slope.  I have not been able to pin the down cleanly, thinking that maybe camera angle is playing a role (error of carvallax?)

but watching this video, between 2:00  and about 2:30 when Nevin is driving and accelerating I see it clearly in the movement of his right hand forward and across / towards the front of the board.  

Is this typical and is its purpose acceleration or adding pressure to the edge?

The Russian guy on hard-boots with a freestyle board has been a fan of my vids for years.  I'm stoked to see his progression into a more powerful form and getting smoother and smoother with it.   Previously he was on a normal freestyle board (of today), which was way too soft and noodley IMO.  On this board and setup and his progression, I cant wait to see how those same tricks and carving look by the end of the year.  

Anyways... I can't truly say its 'worth watching'.. lol.  but got back on an alpine setup a couple days ago, and it's so much easier when its better snow!  :)

• Like 4

On 2/3/2018 at 10:44 PM, RyanKnapton said:

'worth watching'.. lol.  but got back on an alpine setup a couple days ago, and it's so much easier when its better snow!  :)

I'm just glad he's not on a 'Burton' Tanker, since those were (and will be again, soon) RAD-AIR Boards, and have nothing to do w/Burton these last 15 yrs.. At least he carves better than most Burton riders, so, there's that! 

• 2 weeks later...