Note to New Members ×

How do you keep your heel(s) clean?

MNSurfer

While indulging in an impromptu, early-season session the other week (even got to take a few rides up the hill with Ryan Knapton. Closest I've come to a celebrity.), I found I had a problem; Ice on the rear heel == no clicky clicky. In my haste to get to first chair, I forgot my trusty ice-remover/Fireball-holder (pictured below). It was a pain to get the ice off, and it got me wondering; What do you use? Or better yet, how do you avoid/prevent ice build-up?

image.png.096e5953546007a560c3e176f6c1a546.png

29 minutes ago, Pat Donnelly said:

Apply a strip of Gorilla tape on the bottom of your rear heel on those packing days.

Other remedies for ice forming on step-in bindings

http://forums.bomberonline.com/topic/32238-step-ins-and-snow-jamming/?tab=comments#comment-335965

I like the Gorilla Tape idea. That seems like it would actually work! Maybe my multitool won't be quite as multi, anymore.

I go with Corey's method of smacking my Fintec heels against my (TD3 stepin) heel receivers, typically while riding the lift.....but it does mar up the Fintec metal surface and I usually have to take a file to them once a season to get the burs smoothed out.

8 hours ago, lonbordin said:

All I ever need is this* stomp pad and the tops of my bindings.

*https://www.backcountry.com/dakine-spike-stomp?CMP_SKU=DAK010S&MER

CH.jpg

That is pretty awesome for packed snow! But if you occasionally travel by plane and stack boards together without bindings, it gouges the board above it. 

I now have that on my powder board, which is top of the pile in the Sportube. ;)

2 hours ago, Corey said:

That is pretty awesome for packed snow! But if you occasionally travel by plane and stack boards together without bindings, it gouges the board above it. 

I now have that on my powder board, which is top of the pile in the Sportube. ;)

I've just used wide velcro strips (soft side on board/hard side on pad) to mount the pads.