Note to New Members ×

NICE 2018

Keenan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK...I hope that you local guys really do ride 5 days a week because the PDX crew is locked and loaded for the previous week, arriving the night of 1/17 and riding 1/18-1/20...I will actually probably ride the morning of 1/21 too, everyone is heading back on the 21st.

Hope that some of the local crew can make it to the hill those days! I'm really sorry to split the event, but I already had some stuff locked in assuming NICE would be the week of the 15th. 

Edited by Dan

On 12/15/2017 at 9:28 AM, Dan said:

OK...I hope that you local guys really do ride 5 days a week because the PDX crew is locked and loaded for the previous week, arriving the night of 1/17 and riding 1/18-1/20...I will actually probably ride the morning of 1/21 too, everyone is heading back on the 21st.

Hope that some of the local crew can make it to the hill those days! I'm really sorry to split the event, but I already had some stuff locked in assuming NICE would be the week of the 15th. 

Will you be riding a new Idaho built board?

15 hours ago, Keenan said:

Will you be riding a new Idaho built board?

Yes! That's the plan. It has been a much longer process than it should have been, due to me dorking around with the topsheet design, but I do believe we're in the final stretch. Looking forward to posting some pics in the New Board thread soon!

• 3 weeks later...

might need a pow board thu.

Extended Forecast for

7 Miles NW Sandpoint Airport ID

Tonight

Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Northeast wind 15 to 17 mph.

M.L.King Day

Sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a northeast wind 16 to 18 mph.

Monday Night

Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. Southeast wind around 10 mph.

Tuesday

Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Southeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Tuesday Night

Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Wednesday

A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Wednesday Night

Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday

Snow likely, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday Night

Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday

A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Friday Night

A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.

Saturday

A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.

Saturday Night

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Edited by b0ardski

7 hours ago, Allee said:

Dan, you still going to make it to Whitefish the next week? I'll be there on the first Friday, it would be nice to meet you.

Hope you guys have a fun time at Schweitzer this week.

I am super-disappointed about this but as things turned out, I knuckled under to the man last week and canceled my planned vacation for Whitefish, so now I'm only doing Schweitzer. Work has been off the rails bonkers lately - in January we're going to hit like 160% of target revenue - and I didn't see a way to get through everything if I still attended WTF. I need to go post my shame on the WTF thread, but I've been hiding ;-)

I'm sorry to miss the chance to meet up in person - let's try again next year. I need to quit this job before next season so work doesn't get in the way of snowboarding...  

Edited by Dan