Note to New Members ×

Plates

hotracer

Hi,

i wanted to see people's opinions on plates, and I don't mean your plates that you eat off. I have just brought a Kessler 168 which came with a Kessler plate, I wanted to see people's ideas on riding with and without the plate, how IT changes the board, I am longer racing and have not don for ten years, I have had a six year break from the industry and am now looking at getting back into riding again,

The Kessler plate is not a full isolation plate. More like a mass-adding riser. I haven't logged enough time on that style to comment, but many racers swear by that style. 

Isolation plates (2 axles) are really good at filtering out small bumps, so you feel more comfortable/confident at speed. They do remove some snow feel though. 

Try with and without to see what you prefer. 

You stated you have experience on a carving board and are wanting to get back to it after a long break.  I recommend riding your new Kessler without the plate until you get comfortable again.  Put the plate on the board once your mind and muscles have gotten back some consistency in your technique.  Then you can make your own comparison.

• Like 3

the advantage of pozidriv is the screws are less likely to have the heads wear out? Also check the screws for tightness every few days of riding when you are using the plate. That is the advantage of the Kessler plate- It has way fewer screws than Vist and is also width adjustable if needed. Make sure you take the plate off and check screw tightness on the 2 blocks that it attaches to.