Note to New Members ×

Bomber td3 sidewinders w plate kit

jburrill

Brian, how much do you want to resell them for?[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrSchwartz,  I would prefer to have them arrive here before I consider resale.  I sold off allot of my bindings last season after a 3 day stay in the hospital. I am looking to rebuild those.   I have learned from the past not to sell what I have not seen in person.  Happy to email you when they arrive?  Bryan 

I would appreciate a reply on how this played out.   

To Be Clear:   I was not contacted by the seller.   

I did send both a PM and First post here on Bomber. 

I feel that if the seller chose not to sell to the first responder it would be common courtesy to explain. 

If I was "up bid" on a set price , it would have been good to have been contacted.  

It is important to maintain a certain level of integrity in the Classifieds.  

Thanks, Bryan 

I think the rule being referred to is "common courtesy"  If the  goods are offered with a concise description and price ( Not OBO ) and the buyer agrees as long as contact is made I would consider it a " done deal ". Now the question is did the seller receive Brians offer to purchase  or did he receive someone else's offer first. "  12 hour and 57 minute gap in correspondence " 

Edited by lowrider

The seller doesn't owe any explanation other than the one already given. It is unreasonable to pester him for any explanation.

Fair enough,  the long held "first come , first served policy" was always held as an important part of the general policy, and NOT a hard rule.  

I don't want to hurt your buddy's feelings.   To use your hunting analogies, "Open Season".   :biggthump

Besides, Brian, with all due respect, you likely have tons of gear and it's ok if someone else gets some goods at a great price ;). All in all - NBD.

No disrespect taken,  so if a buyer decides or seller decides you have enough equipment you can modify common courtesy as you wish?  Works for me. 

I sense that this is good fodder for those of the "Gear Vacuum" sentiment of days gone by.   I have on numerous occasions said "Pass" or not moved on items just for this reason.  I have often given a "Head's up" that I plan to purchase an item if it doesn't sell in a couple days.   Even in this case it was an hour before I posted,  numerous others had seen the ad.  So 15 minutes after that I am catching flack?  

Frankly , this is a hobby, I enjoy passing on equipment to friends and new riders.  Much of this is not seen due to it being done off Bomber.  I value my membership 

in BOL more than getting a good deal on gear here.   I will look to modify my methods as to reduce the impact on those that feel I somehow have an unfair advantage.  It is in fact NBD.   I will likely take it elsewhere so as not to upset the membership.   Enjoy!! Bryan 

Brian,

Don't know what happened with the seller, but based on the above thread, I'm guessing you didn't get the bindings. Hope you know it wasn't me that usurped the sale. I am a firm believer in letting the first guy in line work things out with the seller prior to moving on to the next guy. I did not go behind the scenes on this sale, offer a higher bid, or anything like that. Was mostly teasing you on having posted before me as you know that I do the same as you, looking for good gear to pass on to my racers. I would also be interested in knowing just what happened here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you,  I do appreciate your reply and comments.  No, I did not get a chance to buy the equipment,  I did not hear from the seller until I posted "What happened" to the sale.  I really do hate to see our usual methods degrade.  Finding a balance between bringing it to members attention and just letting it go.   I am not loosing sleep over it but I did not care for the way it played out.  Thanks again, Bryan 

Hope you know it wasn't me that usurped the sale. I am a firm believer in letting the first guy in line work things out with the seller prior to moving on to the next guy. I did not go behind the scenes on this sale, offer a higher bid, or anything like that.

I can shed a little light on the mystery here, and dispel the myth of the usurper, the smoke-filled room, ... oh, wait, that last was a different drama.

I saw jburrill's post about 40 minutes after he posted it. There were no replies to it at that time. I've bought a lot of gear from him over the past four or five years and simply PMed him immediately saying I'll take it.

That's all. No bids, no secret deals, no drama. I heard back that night saying he'd send photos, though I didn't ask for them. I paid and received the gear.

I didn't even know anyone else replied until a few days later.

I don't mean to deprive anyone. If someone wishes to share the deal with me, I'll offer the bindings for $250 plus shipping. (I have another pair of SWs and plenty of other bindings so won't be put out). That's the proportionate share of my cost ($300 + $25 shipping) that the bindings alone represent (calculated using list prices). Seem fair?

I can shed a little light on the mystery here, and dispel the myth of the usurper, the smoke-filled room, ... oh, wait, that last was a different drama.

I saw jburrill's post about 40 minutes after he posted it. There were no replies to it at that time. I've bought a lot of gear from him over the past four or five years and simply PMed him immediately saying I'll take it.

That's all. No bids, no secret deals, no drama. I heard back that night saying he'd send photos, though I didn't ask for them. I paid and received the gear.

I didn't even know anyone else replied until a few days later.

I don't mean to deprive anyone. If someone wishes to share the deal with me, I'll offer the bindings for $250 plus shipping. (I have another pair of SWs and plenty of other bindings so won't be put out). That's the proportionate share of my cost ($300 + $25 shipping) that the bindings alone represent (calculated using list prices). Seem fair?

that's really nice teach. 

i don't know why you should now feel that you should have to sell these bindings to ANYONE just because you didn't post something up here on the board to get 'dibs'.  You emailed the guy before anyone else emailed him or posted on this site.  And I think everyone would agree that that's perfectly acceptable.  (If you do want to sell them though put me 3rd in line - and even still might refuse your offer of sale to me)

Just my two cents. 

that's really nice teach. 

i don't know why you should now feel that you should have to sell these bindings to ANYONE just because you didn't post something up here on the board to get 'dibs'. 

I don't feel I SHOULD have to, but if someone else needs them more than me, I'm WILLING to share the sweet deal. I have SWs already. I use UPZ boots which means that to move them from one board to another, I have to totally disassemble them unless I keep the same angles/cant/lift. That got to be old so I thought why not grab this deal. Backup is good, convenience is good... but that's the extent of my "need".  I was also interested in the BP lowers and other included parts, a little closer to "need".

I posted to put an end to the speculation. Like I said, I've bought a lot of gear from the OP over the past five years. Always square.