Note to New Members ×

One of those days (ski video)

Corey

Yah, I watched the second one earlier and it is quite nuts, and obviously a few were set up.  There part where he inverts and there is a hawk or something in the background looked fake, only because the odds of that are quite small, but since the whole thing looks real I guess it could be.  But yah, overall that stuff is nuts and amazing.

Looks like a video game, almost... Staged and edited for sure, by a very famous free skier. 

Big discussion going on here: http://www.epicski.com/t/120427/one-of-those-days-candide-thovex-new-video 

My only comment is that I do not want to see when kids start trying some of that stuff in real-life conditions :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Few infos ( the resort is one of the most famous near Lyon, and I have been riding there countless times..My avatar is shot there on the piste where the ski slalom is set)

- all is shot in La Clusaz, at La Balme, which is basically a wide open valley with a few pistes than turn in the middle of a big off piste that is not "risky".

- all is staged with the benediction of the resort authorities ( very good advertising for them: he is the most famous rider from La Clusaz)

- Candide is a local kid ( local hero) ( his father is a ski instructor) and ALL the lift people and ski patrol know him

- It is heavily edited, but you would not notice it unless you know the place...At some times he is up the mountain where he was 20 seconds ago, but at a different angle / place. The single lift is in the neighbouring valley, so before he goes in the tunnel he cannot be near that lift..

- all people are locals/friends/fans

He has an impressive level of riding, and after the broken back its pretty impressive!!

Nils

Edited by nils
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

If you guys like to ride like this you can contact my son who rides at Lake Louise  (Lowrider1) he would be glad to show you how and where to find similar features at Lake Louise, Sunshine, Norquay and Kicking Horse. Certified pipe and Park instructor but drives a groomer at nite so he knows where to ride in the daytime.  :-)    Scares the shit out of me every time I look at his latest stunts.