Note to New Members ×

BTS and Deeluxe 700

lamby

Lamby,

Of course I am bias as I make the BTS but I can tell you this. It will always make the boot softer vs the stock lock-out mechanism. So if you want the boot to feel softer, then a BTS will allow for that. If you give your height and weight, we can also help pick witch springs to go with.

Call or e-mail any time with other questions.

I'm finding my new Deeluxe 700 boots to be rather stiff (compared to what I've become accustomed to). Are many of you running bts on your 700's? Does it change the "feel" of the 700s quite a bit? Thanks!

"PROS and CONS" and "PROS and CONS" and "PROS and CONS"  

PROS:

Yes!!  I have the same boots (along with several others)  the beauty of starting with a boots that might be a tad stiff is with the BTS you can "TUNE" it to what you like.   So , in general, you can make a stiff flexing boots softer but it is hard to make a soft boot much stiffer. 

BTS does a couple things for me.  Allows far more options to "tune" the boots both forward and aft.  Allows me asymmetrical tuning (front boot vs rear boot) 

It also allows precision forward lean adjustment,  I prefer the front boot to be almost straight up and down and the back boot both softer with more forward lean. I think this is pretty common.  

My first experience was a blow out.  Keep in mind "any flex is more than no flex".   I come from a ski boot , extreme angle , super stiff back ground.  So when I first put them on my snowboard boots , it was "WOOOOOH" ,  I had allot more forward flex and it was too much change at once.  I ended up practically bottoming (tube locked) the front BTS to get close to what I was used to and left the back foot softer and more range of motion.   This has worked out great!

CONS (Hope I don't get fired :)

If you are a back country split board rider they don't allow for quick "Flip Lever" adjustments for alpine touring and climbing. 

You loose "Walk" mode. 

Hence : I set up a pair of boots just for BC and I never used the "Walk" mode anyway.  I am always there early and get front row parking. 

Gnarfy,   you might want to do a search on the subject of riding in "Walk Mode".   Over the years there has been numerous conversations about this.  

"PROS and CONS".   Summary

Pros:  lots of flex for getting low and absorbing irregularities in sufaces

Cons: there have been injuries and damageds associated with hyper extension issues. 

BTS is excellent for this too,  leave them with large range and soft springs = safer way to get allot of flex. 

Bottom line, one of the best investments in boot tuning EVER!!!  They last a long time, hold their value well , bling factor, etc. 

Thanks for the input everyone. Super helpful!

Fin, I'm 5-11 and weigh 160 after the holidays (closer to 155 in the summer tee hee). I'll note my height and weight on my order when I purchase my BTS system, so you guys can help get me dialed in.

When I bought my Track 700's from Bomber I took them the next day to Aspen and couldnt bend the boot with the stock mechanism in the rear (and it was 45 deg at the top and 60 at the bottom)..I only weigh 145 lbs.

Easy fix however (which I was expecting)...BTS...I put Blue and blue on the front boot and yellow (toe) and blue (heel) on the rear. Boots are a dream.

No distortion on the lower boot (I used to taco the spine of the boot on AF600's) and the boots flex perfectly no matter if it is -5F or 60 F...I make minor adjustments in the buckle tension in weather extremes. Ridden with a

Boiler Plate lower TD3 step-in on a Donek.

• Like 1