Note to New Members ×

Lessons --Hardboot/carving -looking for in Laax, Switzerland 14-22 Dec 2014

KiwiCarver

Hi All

I am looking for a few lessons, probably about 5 half days 14-22 Dec while I am in Laax, Switzerland. Flexible on details i.e. how many lessons, how short/long, etc. Not flexible on location.

Experience: 10 days hard booting in 2010/11 (Colorado), 30-40 days soft boot riding in various places. About 50 days skiing, and lots of balance skid sliding sports.

Profile: fit 42 year old guy, pretty chilled, but pretty determined to nail the basics of carving.

V.pleased to hear if anyone wants to get in touch and teach or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

(PS: first post so hope that I'm following the rules, posting in the right place etc)

Hey Kiwicarver, this site is mainly U.S. residents, that might be why you haven't gotten much information yet. I don't know if there's a Swiss equivalent of Bomber, but there is an Italian carving site and a German carving site where folks might be able to point you better info sources:

Italy: <a href="http://www.hardsnowboardingitalia.com/">http://www.hardsnowboardingitalia.com/</a>

Germany: <a href="http://www.frozen-backside.de/">www.frozen-backside.de</a>

Good luck! I'd love to see some mountain pics from skiing in Switzerland -- when your trip's done, post 'em up!

Hi KiwiCarver,

You are planing for December 2014, or You think about now on December 2013?

Take it easy! :biggthump

Don't switch to any things far away from Laax, don't seek for any low level internet informations about riding on alpine boards :nono:, just simple e-mail:

info(at)schneesportschule.ch

They are located on neighbour ski resort Brigels (some vew kilometers West of Laax). They give lessons in Laax too.

Don't miss to take some lessons / rent item from them on SKWAL !

5fce85c861.jpg

Isn't that a skill, where You want to go? ;)

The guys of Brigels are member of legendary Swiss Snowboard school, offering lessons from SSBS Rider System

See section "Carve & Speed". If You are not in common to go for carving with flow on fast runs between 50 and 70 km/hour, or smooth runs above 70 km/hour, they have "Allround Courses" whitch is on lower level, introducing You from basic carving, up to dynamic carving / carving on steep slopes and so on.

Similar courses You will find at Snowboard School Sägerei at Sedrun, which is located some kilometers more to the West. For private lessons they can also join You at Laax.

For to be clear: allways write to them You decide courses/lessons on hardboots!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Shred Gruumer: Please post pictures of this place always wondered of this was a good carving place...

Any news to report? No?

I mean You can turn it to the right, to the left, or flip it upside-down. But you coulnd't find that much hotels on the World which shows a carver on top of their hotel homepage. Even not one on a Skwal or a narrow carving board.

hotel4-banner.jpg

www.hotel-surpunt.com/

Upcomming weekend Burton European Open would hold there (TTR 6-star). Worlds biggest halfpipe at Laax/Flims, which is 1/8-mile long, and has 23ft high walls!