Note to New Members ×

Wow, I just gotta say...

classclown

Alpine Carving is one of those pastimes where the last thing you'd want to do is send some bad JuJu out there by ripping off a fellow Hardbooter. If we don't find you Karma will!

Thankfully after many deals here I never once got stiffed, more often it's a check in the mail trust and a riding partner result. I wouldn't get your hopes up about the rest of humanity though, just sayin!

Worst thing that might happen is someone pulls out on a deal. It usually involves shipping across borders. No matter who you buy from someone knows someone who rides where the seller does. Boler's tend to be a rather thrifty bunch so not much gets past most members. Moderators do a good job of keeping things civil their efforts are appreciated by all.

If you can make it out to SES or ECES to meet the people in person, I recommend it. I finally did last year and had a blast.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!

RJ, looking forward to meeting up and riding with you at Pure Boarding in Central NY in February. If you can make it out to Stratton for ECES, it will be totally worth the drive.

Cheers!

It's part of being a responsible citizen. I screwed up a shipment last fall (a box broke open at the post office and lost irreplaceable Clicker binding parts :mad:). I admitted it was my mistake and made it right even though it cost me money in the short-term. I rest easy knowing I've done all I can to be on the good side of things and have no doubt it will come back to me down the road.

It's part of being a responsible citizen. I screwed up a shipment last fall (a box broke open at the post office and lost irreplaceable Clicker binding parts :mad:). I admitted it was my mistake and made it right even though it cost me money in the short-term. I rest easy knowing I've done all I can to be on the good side of things and have no doubt it will come back to me down the road.

I wasn't the recipient of above goods but had a similar experience when arriving at the PO to pick up my parcel. The bindings arrived in a broken open box with the Post Mistress asking if all these loose screws were part of contents. Was I surprised to find all the screws were accounted for. Please if you are shipping bindings bundle up all the looses parts and screws in a plastic bag before stuffing them in a flimsy box to ship. Ship stuff like the "Bomber Store" and everything will get there.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!

RJ, looking forward to meeting up and riding with you at Pure Boarding in Central NY in February. If you can make it out to Stratton for ECES, it will be totally worth the drive.

Cheers!

Defiantly going to CNY in February, as for Stratton I'm going to shoot to get there thursday night and ride Friday. The week before I have a break from school/work and its IMPOSSIBLE to extend holiday breaks.

I've also had some pretty sweet interactions, though obviously through email and not posts (count my number..) but I do have to say THANK YOU! to Ursula for being so cool. She signed my board that should be arriving any day now. Not every day you pick up a great board at a great price AND signed by an Olympic athlete who was there for the inaugural snowboarding Olympics.

Now, I need to spend some more time on forums to find out more about this CNY event in February. Because, I'm here. So, I'll be there.

• 1 month later...