Note to New Members ×

Burton Race plate HELP?

classclown

I am having difficulty figuring out how to use the damping pads on my burton race plates. How do I use the damping pads red, blue, or grey. I think they go under the plastic on top if the aluminum plate, but if thats the case the white pads between the aluminum plate and top sheet wiill rub, since the damping pads had two round plugs?

Thanks,

RJ

Ok, I thought the pictures Icebiker uploaded were like mine, but after looking at mine I can see they look different. What I am seeing is the aluminum plate does not inside the plastic allowing lie icebikers. Plus my damping pads look like they are not sitting properly. The white pads are thicker when placed in from the top of the plate allowing on irregular shapes to touch the board.

Any help is appreciated,

RJ

Thanks moderator

Edited by classclown

You have 2 styles of dampeners..both wrong for your particular generation of race plate.

If you don't use the right ones, the bolts will gouge your top sheet.

You might find someone selling the correct ones here, but it would be easier to make your own out of gasket material or wetsuit neoprene.

Be careful of that style base plate...the threaded holes can strip out easily, especially if you take them apart a lot.

PHOTOS!!

Make the difference, Thank you for posting the photos, they help so much.

There is allot of Burton Plate Knowledge here, I am afraid I have not had time to get some bindings out and go over your

issue with the different plates. Take your time and don't do anything too quickly. These senior BOL members want to help and WILL get you squared away!

Bryan

Ok so the white one I have are will work. How much stiffer are the blue or red ones? My white ones seem really soft.

Unless you weigh over 200lbs the whites should be just fine, The binding its self is much stiffer in the "race plate" which you have then the "Performance plate" which, you have the pads from, the performance plate is very soft and needed the addition of stiffer pads for heaver riders.

The pads only keep the binding from flexing into the top sheet, it is the yellow Aluminium plate that flexes while riding and dictates the bindings flex pattern.

Edited by Bordy

• 1 month later...